What's new

Asus RT-AX88U update to Merlin 388.1 firmware loses link speed info on dashboard

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

henkih

New Around Here
After update and reboot, this was the result...
No info about link speed anymore :mad:

Schermafbeelding 2022-12-24 190911.jpg

Is this a known bug or what?

Thnx
It works!
B.t.w. how ugly this new look and feel of the link speed feature.

After update and reboot, this was the result...
No info about link speed anymore :mad:

View attachment 46634

Is this a known bug or what?
It is not a bug. You have to clear the browser cache.

You also need the router to settle and complete background updating. If you let it go for 1hour, I bet it works fine. If not reboot after the 1hour mark.

You also need the router to settle and complete background updating. If you let it go for 1hour, I bet it works fine. If not reboot after the 1hour mark.
Ok...
Didn't knew that.
Is that new? Normally router reboots after firmware update (my experience so far).
I already wondered why this time no reboot was needed.

Ok...
Didn't knew that.
Is that new? Normally router reboots after firmware update (my experience so far).
I already wondered why this time no reboot was needed.

Not new. Computers need to load and settle. The first/early ones, you turned on, then went to get coffee, and hopefully you were ready to go. Modern hardware is faster but background tasks still need time. If you watch the cpu bar graph you can see it's running after boot-up and then drop to near zero. (Depending on how many devices you have connected.)