What's new

Asus RT-AX89X assus-merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

This is the reality. In my eyes this device is a failed attempt for a high-end router. According to users feedback, it was plagued by firmware issues for a long time and the performance is not matching the price tag. If I need a high performance consumer router today, I would get GT-AX6000 instead. It has newer hardware, may become popular due to dual 2.5GbE ports, it's on Asuswrt-Merlin support list already.

I am an RT-AX89X owner since more than 1 month and i am very happy with it. The 2x 10gb port are great, the sfp one is used to link to my isp (8gb, bridge mode) and the second one allow me to link to a QNAP QSW-2104-2T (10bg). From this switch i deserve my nas with the second 10gb port (of this switch) and to all my 2.5gb nodes (XT8).
The firmware looks solid, i didn't need to reset it between each upgrade, what else could i ask ? Which else device could allow me to link all my devices at this speed and with my isp modem (which i can't do without) ?

I am an RT-AX89X owner since more than 1 month and i am very happy with it. The 2x 10gb port are great, the sfp one is used to link to my isp (8gb, bridge mode) and the second one allow me to link to a QNAP QSW-2104-2T (10bg). From this switch i deserve my nas with the second 10gb port (of this switch) and to all my 2.5gb nodes (XT8).
The firmware looks solid, i didn't need to reset it between each upgrade, what else could i ask ? Which else device could allow me to link all my devices at this speed and with my isp modem (which i can't do without) ?
the problem with the ax89x is the firmware. have bugs and the support are slowly :-(

^^^ This.

Firmware had bugs at first, but what new router doesn't have bugs when it first comes out? Then there was the mysterious fan issue that was fixed in later revisions. My first RT-AX89X died, which they replaced with a GT-AX11000, and when I got 2 gig Internet I got another AX89X which has been very solid. In fact, I am debating even taking a chance on the GT-AXE16000 because it will have firmware bugs and no Merlin when it first releases!