What's new

Release ASUS RT-AX92U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.22525

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Micgang

Occasional Visitor
ASUS RT-AX92U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.22525
Version 3.0.0.4.388.2252565.43 MB
2023/02/16
Try more on ASUSWRT 2022 with new features at https://asus.click/ASUSWRT2022

1. Supported WireGuard VPN server and client.
2. Supported VPN fusion. It can easily achieve VPN connection to network devices like Smart TV, Game consoles and without installing the VPN client software.
3. Supported new devices connection notification.
4. Supported connection diagnostic on the ASUS router app.
5. Supported Instant Guard 2.0 which helps easily invite family or friends to join the VPN connection.
6. Upgraded parental control and added reward, new scheduler for flexible setting
7. Fixed USB icon issue in port status.
8. Fixed HTTP response splitting vulnerability. Thanks to Efstratios Chatzoglou, University of the Aegean.
9. Fixed status page HTML vulnerability. Thanks to David Ward.
10. Fixed CVE-2018-1160. Thanks to Steven Sroba.
11. Fixed cfg_server security issue.

Or do the easiest thing and hit the UPGRADE button on your router , all done in 3 minutes, no need for downloads/extracting/installing.

Do it however you want.

OE

everything is working fine on my side. wireguard is easy to configure. All my peripherals reconnected without problem, to see over time the stability of the wifi.

Took over a year for Asus to come up with new firmware although i had serious issues with stability with these routers especially in combination with iMesh.
But this morning i've upgraded my 2 RT-AX92u's to give it a try. See what it will bring. Does anyone know if the WAN check script is still needed? Earlier i had serious drops on my WAN connectivity on the main router, so i use the well known GitHub script for this to poll the WAN and auto-reboot if it gets unavailable. Really annoying issue with especially this Asus models. Hopefully that issue is fixed with this firmware. Else i would switch to the Merlin version which would probably give more stability as the original ones? Please update this thread if you have any findings or updates on this one. I really struggled to get the iMesh stable especially when the firmware was upgraded, so i'm a bit worried as soon as Asus drops a new version...

My setup Ax11000 and 3x Ax92u in wired mesh has had zero glitches, with all 4 devices running 388.22525.

Please let us know if your upgrades are clean or dirty.

No reset needed in my case, hope Asus can do something to improve the upgrading experience, so clean upgrading can soon become a superstition of the past...

Now after a couple of weeks I can say that i've had absolutely no issues at all so far. So it seems to me that this firmware version is stable.
Did not do a reset and clean upgrade, just pushed the update button in the Asus Router Mobile App to update my complete AiMesh landscape.

Ok, i was a bit too early. This morning ibe of my Imesh nodes was offline again. It fixed with a restart (power off / power on) off the iMesh node. It worked like a charm for weeks although. Need to monitor it but in the logs i only see that it checked for a firmware upgrade somehwere in the night, which was not available because i use the latest one. But almost directly after that it seems that that the node went offline. Really strange behavior. need to check if i can force to not check for new firmware but looks like you cannot disable it completely. And maybe it is just a coincidence and the root cause of this issue....

Also having issues with the latest firmware. I have 2 RT-AX92U in AiMesh mode and got tons of disconnecting logs of the node upstairs and then the main node's website will stop responding but WAN still working. Very weird. Went back to the old FW.
Same issue with gnuton's FW too.

7 nodes here (5 wired backhaul and 2 wireless) with a GT-AX11000 master and 0 issues with either gluton or this FW.

My 2x AX-92U are acting up after upgrading the firmware. The 2.4 Ghz band on one of them tends to dissapear after a couple days of uptime. The 2nd 5Ghz band also did this, but not as often as the 2.4 one.

Another bigger problem is that it doesn't seem to run my script when a client connected to the OpenVPN server running on this. Martineau's VPNClientConnect.sh script used to run with no problems. More details on his script and why I need it are here: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/o...s-lan-on-site-to-site-connection.24268/page-6

I tried downgrading the firmware, but it didn't work. Still on the latest version. Help! ??!!

My 2x AX-92U are acting up after upgrading the firmware. The 2.4 Ghz band on one of them tends to dissapear after a couple days of uptime. The 2nd 5Ghz band also did this, but not as often as the 2.4 one.

Another bigger problem is that it doesn't seem to run my script when a client connected to the OpenVPN server running on this. Martineau's VPNClientConnect.sh script used to run with no problems. More details on his script and why I need it are here: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/o...s-lan-on-site-to-site-connection.24268/page-6

I tried downgrading the firmware, but it didn't work. Still on the latest version. Help! ??!
I'm on gnuton 386.08_0 now and it is very stable. I have yet to try 388 as I see people have seen issues with Gnutons version which suggests that the issue is with the core Asus code as you're also seeing this with stock. I need stability and this version is working well.

I have been running this official release for 1 month straight with no glitches whatsoever. Setup is 2 AX-92U in mesh with wired backhaul. Numerous computers, iPads, iPhones and smart home devices (all HomeKit connected). First version in over a year that is completely stable. Note, that most settings are left at default. I did do a complete reset thru the GUI and using the hard reset button although I think the reset business resembles Voodoo more than science. I base this opinion on many years of experience upgrading firmware on numerous types of devices that never required any manual erase procedure before updating. However, these Asus routers do seem to need Voodoo of various kinds, more often than not, after any update. It may be significant that I found that performance was improved by locking down the 2.4 channel.

Last edited:
To those with issues, have you tried performing a hard reset and reinstalling the firmware?

To those with issues, have you tried performing a hard reset and reinstalling the firmware?
The router with the issue was a mesh node for me. I tried removing it from the network, which means it did a factory reset. Still had issues after adding it back in. I was able to downgrade it to the previous firmware and it seems to be stable now. I might try the latest version again in the future ...

Is the hard reset different than a factory reset through the UI?

PS. I also just downgraded the main router and my VPN connect script instantly started working. I can't use the new version if I can't run VPN connect scripts.

Last edited:
The upgrade previous to this one ending in 22068 bricked my router when connecting to any wireguard vpn fusion clients. As such I"m hesitant to update. If anyone is using vpn fusion with this latest update, please let me know if all is working ok.

Much appreciated.

Thank you

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!