What's new

Release ASUS RT-AX92U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.22525

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Updated a mesh node to the new firmware version 3.0.0.4.388_23630 and everything looks good so far… about 12 hrs in

I didn’t know Sherlock Holmes had an Asus router. Not beta then.
A simple "brilliant deduction" would suffice;-) Seriously, though, I haven't seen anything official other than my router telling me to update its firmware. I'm paranoid enough for that to give me pause before clicking the update button, given recent supply chain compromises (SolarWinds, etc.)

Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388_23630
- Release Note -

Bug fixes and functionality modifications:
- Resolved the issue with login and password changes.
- Resolved the IPSec VPN connection issues.
- Resolved the Instant Guard connection issues.
- Fixed the issue where Traffic Analyzer sometimes couldn't record data.
- Fixed the time display issue for the preferred upgrade time in the Auto Firmware Upgrade function.
- Enabled DynDNS and No-IP DDNS to use IPv6.
- Fixed AiMesh preferred AP identification in site survey results.
- Updated timezone list for Greenland, Mexico, and Iran.
- Allowed WireGuard Server clients to access the Samba server.
- Fixed memory leak issue.
- Resolved the issue where the USB path is not displayed on the Media Server page in the AiMesh node

Security updates:
- Enabled and supported ECDSA certificates for Let's Encrypt.
- Enhanced protection for credentials.
- Enhanced protection for OTA firmware updates.
- Fixed DoS vulnerabilities in firewall configuration pages.
- Fixed DoS vulerabilities in httpd.
- Fixed information disclosure vulnerability.
- Fixed CVE-2023-28702 and CVE-2023-28703.
- Fixed null pointer dereference vulnerabilities.
- Fixed the cfg server vulnerability.
- Fixed the vulnerability in the logmessage function CVE-2023-35086/ CVE-2023-35087.
- Fixed lighttpd vulnerability, CVE-2023-35720.
- Fixed several curl vulnerabilities including CVE-2023-28322, CVE-2023-28321, and CVE-2023-28319.
- Fixed FFmpeg vulnerabilities, specifically CVE-2022-3964, CVE-2022-48434, and CVE-2022-3109.
- Fixed openssl vulnerability, CVE-2023-0464.
- Fixed ReadyMedia vulnerabilitym CVE-2020-28926.
- Fixed UPnP vulnerability CVE-2020-12695.
- Patched a command injection vulnerability to improve overall security.
- Strengthened protection against SSH brute force attacks.
Where is that from?

Googling the string "3.0.0.4.388_23630" comes up with almost nothing. I'm not updating my firmware until I see something on the ASUS site indicating that they've released new firmware for this thing.

Perfect, thanks! I'll give it a shot this weekend. Glad to see them resume a regular release cadence.
This new firmware seems very solid. The only weirdness is that my wired client on the main router doesn't always show up on the AiMesh client list; it comes and goes but I know it's still connected because that's where I'm watching the GUI.

I have noticed after upgrade that the RX92 starts to constantly access my USB attached HDD so it never goes into hibernation. I have tried to disable various usb-drive services, but the disk activity continues. Has anyone noticed this as well? I have downgraded firmware and the constant disk activity disappeared immediately.
This issue is now fixed in 388_23630!

Updating my mesh node later and I'm crossing my fingers.
I was still on 3.0.0.4.386_46061-g9a06866 because it was stable.

The router with the issue was a mesh node for me. I tried removing it from the network, which means it did a factory reset. Still had issues after adding it back in. I was able to downgrade it to the previous firmware and it seems to be stable now. I might try the latest version again in the future ...

Is the hard reset different than a factory reset through the UI?

PS. I also just downgraded the main router and my VPN connect script instantly started working. I can't use the new version if I can't run VPN connect scripts.
I just upgraded to the 3.0.0.4.388_23630 firmware and the VPN connect script is not working. The last version this worked with was 3.0.0.4.386.46061. This is very disappointing :(

I'm also running into an issue where the 2nd 5GHz band on one of the 2 routers keeps disappearing. A reboot brings it back. I wonder if it's a hardware issue ...

I just upgraded to the 3.0.0.4.388_23630 firmware and the VPN connect script is not working. The last version this worked with was 3.0.0.4.386.46061. This is very disappointing :(

I'm also running into an issue where the 2nd 5GHz band on one of the 2 routers keeps disappearing. A reboot brings it back. I wonder if it's a hardware issue ...
Switch to Gnuton 386.08. been on my AX92u for 6 months and is rock solid. No compelling reason or need to go to 388 branch yet.
2 VPN servers running simultaneously ( 1 TAP, 1 TUN)

I have exactly the same issue. It seems that after the update after a while it will change the Backhaul priority back to Auto or even Wifi Only. This will case your 2nd 5Ghz band to be available and unavailable because it uses this 2nd 5Ghz band as the Backhaul. I've already removed my Aimesh node and added it again, but it keeps coming back.

I will downgrade to the earlier release as it seems clearly a bug from the last firmware update. :(

I have exactly the same issue. It seems that after the update after a while it will change the Backhaul priority back to Auto or even Wifi Only. This will case your 2nd 5Ghz band to be available and unavailable because it uses this 2nd 5Ghz band as the Backhaul. I've already removed my Aimesh node and added it again, but it keeps coming back.

I will downgrade to the earlier release as it seems clearly a bug from the last firmware update. :(
Thanks for the hint! I turned off "Ethernet Backhaul Mode" under Ai-Mesh - System Settings and the 2nd GHz band has been up and stable for 3 days (it would shut down after an hours earlier). I'm still on the latest firmware. I'm not sure exactly what this does besides "releasing more wireless bandwidth". I'm able to use WiFi 6 with the 160 MHz bandwidth on this band. Am I missing out on any bandwidth by turning this feature off?

I also confirmed the node is still using Ethernet at 1 Gbps as the uplink type, so it didn't let go of that connection. I have the backhaul connection priority set to Auto, but considering changing it to 1G Wan first.

PS. My VPN script that allows me to access servers at the client's side is still not working, so I'll most likely end up downgrading to the 386 branch and give the Gnuton version a try.

Hi, I have 4 units of Asus RT-AX92U, connected as attached on the schematic (mesh network configuration).
It works great for 8-10hours, and then the internet stops working, and them I am forced to login as Admin to the router, and I need to restart the network. It seems like the Wifi connections works OK but it drops the connection with the Internet.
I do have a latest firmware on the all routers , and I did manage to schedule an automatic restart on 05:55, but still at least once per day I need to restart main router.

Could you please share a link to stable version of software? It can be older as long it works, I am not using any extra features.
Any advice?

378184394_280707411510878_870484555322396476_n.jpg
378194449_280682201513399_4962544356588353285_n.jpg

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!