What's new

Release ASUS RT-AXE7800 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388_24396 (December 18th 2023)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Bawbag

Occasional Visitor
ASUS RT-AXE7800 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388_24396
Version 3.0.0.4.388_24396
49.81 MB
2023/12/18
New Features:
- Built-in Surfshark in VPN Fusion allows you to surf the internet anonymously and securely from anywhere by encrypting connections. Please refer to https://asus.click/SurfsharkVPN

- iPhone&Android 4G/5G Auto Mobile Tethering allows you to connect your phone to the router’s USB port and use it as an internet source. Please refer to https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1050074

- DDNS transfer allows you to transfer your ASUS DDNS hostname from your original router to the new one. Please refer to https://asus.click/ASUSDDNS

Bug Fixes and Enhancements:
- Fixed WAN connection issues.
- Resolved an issue that caused hostname errors in the DDNS service.
- Resolved OpenVPN server TAP mode issue.
- Added MTU setting for WireGuard client.
- Ensured consistent display of client status on the WireGuard server.
- Enhanced system stability when accessing the WireGuard server with DMZ enabled.
- Improved stability when enabling or disabling the WireGuard server.
- Optimized memory utilization and fixed an occasional server error when registering DDNS with an app.
- Corrected a bug encountered when adding a rule to the network services filter.
- Fixed connection in load-balance mode when both WANs have static IPs.
- Resolved USB path display issue in RE Mode.
- Improved VPN client internet accessibility with AiProtection.
- Resolved the issue with Traffic Analyzer unable to record data.
- Improved AiMesh backhaul stability.
- Added new IPTV profiles, including Celcom, Celcom-TM, and UNIFI-Business+VoIP.

Security Fixes:
- Enabled and supported ECDSA certificates for Let's Encrypt.
- Fixed OpenSSL vulnerabilities.
- Upgraded to the latest dropbear version.
- Fixed a stack overflow vulnerability.

Miracle.
Almost 1 year to the day since last update.

Last edited:
And still supported longer than most other manufacturers' products.

And still supported longer than most other manufacturers' products.
Bro, this still doesn't change the fact they are slow. Have you even tried other manufacturers? I just migrated to Ubiquiti and received updates with new features that are very useful.

Asus needs to create an eco system to reel people in.

If there is an issue with my router I need to wait a year. No way. Sorry. Asus needs to do better

Last edited:

Ubiquiti offer a few home products. Asus offer a few business products. Completely different target market.

This particular RT-AXE7800 model router shows very well what market it was intended for. It's a complete ripoff RT-AX3000 V2 hardware + one extra BCM6715 radio on 5GHz. Performance-wise equal or slower to much cheaper TP-Link Archer AXE75. Price-wise more expensive than anything similar.

Last edited:
Yes, I have tried other manufacturers and seen many more others that I replace with Asus products.

Are they slow? Maybe. That doesn't mean anything if the firmware they left it on was stable and secure. Others don't do even that.

I agree better would be ideal. But considering the vast amount of SKUs they have, I believe they're doing all they can.

Their primary focus for the last (many) months is to get 3.0.0.6.xxx level firmware out for all applicable routers. Then they can concentrate on volume updates for all models again, rather than just needed firmware releases. Manpower (or more precisely, lack of it) and all.

What issue did you have with your router?

BTW, I'm not 'Bro'.

Just wanted to register and give a quick warning - this firmware temporarily killed my router until I flashed an old version with ASUS' recovery tool. The past two nights in a row, I'd woken up to no WiFi signal at all and noticed the lights on the router were flickering on and off almost at random, with everything turning off and then back on, almost like it was stuck in a boot loop.

Nothing would connect at all, even a direct ethernet connection from the PC wouldn't let me access the settings page. I also tried resetting the router, but that also just didn't seem to have any effect, with the boot loop continuing no matter how long the reset was held for.

I realised after recovering the firmware that it was dying around the same time I had automatic updates scheduled, and sure enough after checking the ASUS website again, I noticed this new firmware. I tested one last time with a manual update check and again had exactly the same issue. I'm not sure yet if it's just something iffy going on between my specific router and this firmware (Amazon are sending a replacement so I'll know for sure soon), but I figured I'd post here since this page is the first result when searching for this version number.

Last edited:
Just wanted to register and give a quick warning - this firmware temporarily killed my router until I flashed an old version with ASUS' recovery tool. The past two nights in a row, I'd woken up to no WiFi signal at all and noticed the lights on the router were flickering on and off almost at random, with everything turning off and then back on, almost like it was stuck in a boot loop.

Nothing would connect at all, even a direct ethernet connection from the PC wouldn't let me access the settings page. I also tried resetting the router, but that also just didn't seem to have any effect, with the boot loop continuing no matter how long the reset was held for.

I realised after recovering the firmware that it was dying around the same time I had automatic updates scheduled, and sure enough after checking the ASUS website again, I noticed this new firmware. I tested one last time with a manual update check and again had exactly the same issue. I'm not sure yet if it's just something iffy going on between my specific router and this firmware (Amazon are sending a replacement so I'll know for sure soon), but I figured I'd post here since this page is the first result when searching for this version number.
Totally different experience here. This firmware has been a god send for me, hence why I posted. Appears to have have fixed all the issues I had (fingers crossed). Even though changelog doesn't mention anything wireless related.
6Ghz would only show up when it felt like it, not often. 2.4Ghz connection would drop to all devices connected to that band approx once every 24 hours and only a reboot would bring it back, not even disabling wirless then anabling again. Wireless connection was there connected but each device had no IP/throughput.

I had previously gone between the 2 available firmwares trying everything for the past year.

Flashed this and bang. 6Ghz constantly there. No drops (yet) on the 2.4Ghz. So I`m happy with it.

Totally different experience here. This firmware has been a god send for me, hence why I posted. Appears to have have fixed all the issues I had (fingers crossed). Even though changelog doesn't mention anything wireless related.
6Ghz would only show up when it felt like it, not often. 2.4Ghz connection would drop to all devices connected to that band approx once every 24 hours and only a reboot would bring it back, not even disabling wirless then anabling again. Wireless connection was there connected but each device had no IP/throughput.

I had previously gone between the 2 available firmwares trying everything for the past year.

Flashed this and bang. 6Ghz constantly there. No drops (yet) on the 2.4Ghz. So I`m happy with it.
Glad it's working well on your end at least! I've consistently had my Apple TV disconnect from WiFi whenever it's in standby for over a day, I'm now wondering if that's related to the connection drop you're talking about... I'll need to keep an eye on that!

It looks like there's probably an incompatibility between the settings on my router (and at least one other person on Reddit with the same issue), and not specifically just broken formware. I got my replacement router and it was working great. I decided to try the new firmware upgrade right away just to see if it worked, and it actually seemed to handle it no problem at all. But then once I restored the settings from the last router, I ran into the same bootloop. I'll maybe get in touch with ASUS to let them know, for now though I'll just stay on the old firmware until I can face the effort of manually setting everything up instead of restoring from a settings backup.

But then once I restored the settings from the last router, I ran into the same bootloop.
Never restore settings from an old router into a new router, even if they're the same model. Especially so if your old settings are causing a bootloop, you'll just be importing that problem into the new router.

Never restore settings from an old router into a new router, even if they're the same model. Especially so if your old settings are causing a bootloop, you'll just be importing that problem into the new router.
Yeah, lesson learned I suppose! I'll give it a shot and hopefully that'll clear it up

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!