What's new

ASUS RT-N66U Firmware Version 3.0.0.4.374.979

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Signal loss

I updated the firmware, but now my signal dropped in the house! I used to get -40 and now after the update the best I can get is -60 (using insidder).
I reset it, updated direct instead of through the gui....nothing is helping. Anyone have a suggestion? Revert back to .276 or ??

THanks.

I updated the firmware, but now my signal dropped in the house! I used to get -40 and now after the update the best I can get is -60 (using insidder).
I reset it, updated direct instead of through the gui....nothing is helping. Anyone have a suggestion? Revert back to .276 or ??

THanks.

Asus switched to a different wireless driver that resolved connectivity issues, at the expense of a drop in signal strength. If the reduced range is a problem for you then you should revert to 276, which uses the old driver.

merlin

Is there much difference between 276 and the merlin firmware? which has better stability?
Just flash right over like a normal update correct?

Last edited:
Is there much difference between 276 and the merlin firmware? which has better stability?
Just flash right over like a normal update correct?

Lots of differences, we're talking nearly a year of development, both from Asus and myself.

You might be fine flashing the sdk5 build directly on top of it, but there's no guarantee, as you are coming from a much older version. You will have to try and see how stable it is.

Hi everybody from Spain.

I updated firmware version from 3.0.0.4.374_720 to 3.0.0.4.374.979. After that, Download Master (Transmision/BitTorrent) doesn't seed when finish downloading files. While downloading, I can share files but when they reach 100% tasks stop and don't share any more. I'm doing 'hit & run' with every file I download.

I updated back again to 3.0.0.4.374_720 but Download Master ver. remains in 3.1.0.84 and still don't seed...

Any ideas???

Thnx a lot.

Regards.

I won't update to the newest firmware unless the range and tx output issues are fixed.

I am still on .260, should I update to .276 at least?

Thanks!