What's new

Asus RT N66U MicroSD

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Remove the four rubber pads on the bottom, take out the 4 screw and pry the case apart. Not hard.

Really, so I need open the case first?
Hi,

This made my day: :D
After 21 postings the first one REALLY tried to use the SDcard - all others do not use it? Just discussing without using it??? :rolleyes:

But back to the topic:
Well, the opening is a little bit tricky as the plastic notches holding the chase togehter (after un-screwing it) are not easy handle without breaking them - and the usage of a metal screwdriver can cause dents on the plastic case while "un-notching" it... :eek:

So be carefull not to harm the case of your nice new router!

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

i've been using a microsd card in my n66r for ages now; something asus should consider in future models imo. (i have so many loose microsd cards at this point lol)

perhaps i skimmed over it, but a friendly warning; this will void your warranty. the microsd slot is not part of the official spec of the N66, etc

SD card with external USB drive

I have installed a 128 GB class10 micro SD card in my Rt-n66U. I then installed entware on the card. Everything is working fine except when I connect a USB drive to the router. The micro sd card mounts as sda and the usb drive mounts as sdb, which is fine. After a reboot the USB drive is sda and the micro SD card is sdb. Therefore Entware does not load. I've been pulling my hair out trying to force the micro sd card to always mount as sda. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Use volume labels to ensure a consistent mount point.