What's new

asus RT-N66U vs apple AIRPORT EXTREME

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

LostSignal

New Around Here
hi,

i don't know what buy between this two router.

the asus don't support hub usb,so i can use only two external hd without a custom rom (if this feature is true).

the apple instead don't have upnp support and a worst coverage area.

what is the better choise?

thanks

I think these questions can only be answered buy you. In your network which of these features do you need? What can you live without? There are people which run both of these routers but not in your network so it is very hard to discern which is best for you.

hi,

i don't know what buy between this two router.

the asus don't support hub usb,so i can use only two external hd without a custom rom (if this feature is true).

the apple instead don't have upnp support and a worst coverage area.

what is the better choise?

thanks

THe apple does have upnp support. So that doesn't matter. I used to have a Timecapsule, i ended up buying an asus rt-ac66u, because i wanted a configurable firewall.

THe true this if you want a plug and play thing, and you have all Apple stuff, then the TImeCapsule or airport extreme is your best bet.

(THis is all assuming you don't want any different features, like QOS, or a highly configurable firewall, both things that i wanted)