What's new

Asus web interface and Safari

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

oharag

Occasional Visitor
Hello. I have been using Safari on my Mac Mini for a while. I recently went into the web interface for my Asus Zenwifi routers, and noticed a new issue. When I log into my router from Safari - the main page looks familiar. When I click on any of the left side tabs - the interface goes weird - as in the left side tabs disappear, and I only see the center interface. There is no means to get out of this page except for hitting the back button on the browser. This is the first time I noticed this issue. I have upgraded to macOS Monterey recently.

Anyone else having this issue?

When I tried Chrome - the above issue doesn't seem to appear. Please don't say - use Chrome then. I have been using MacOS and safari on my Asus RT-AC88U for 6 years, and up until a few weeks ago with my new Zenwifi routers. This seemed have happened with with my MacOS update or safari update. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-12-18 at 9.02.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-18 at 9.02.36 PM.png
    337.5 KB · Views: 123
6 years was a good run. If others can help you fix this (easily), don't continue banging your head at Apple's wall.

Just use what works for you today.

With so many things changed in the last six weeks, things finally 'breaking' after six years is actually amazing.

I have the same problem on Big Sur (11.6.2). It started a few OS updates ago. I now use Firefox for Asus.

Hello. I have been using Safari on my Mac Mini for a while. I recently went into the web interface for my Asus Zenwifi routers, and noticed a new issue. When I log into my router from Safari - the main page looks familiar. When I click on any of the left side tabs - the interface goes weird - as in the left side tabs disappear, and I only see the center interface. There is no means to get out of this page except for hitting the back button on the browser. This is the first time I noticed this issue. I have upgraded to macOS Monterey recently.

Anyone else having this issue?

When I tried Chrome - the above issue doesn't seem to appear. Please don't say - use Chrome then. I have been using MacOS and safari on my Asus RT-AC88U for 6 years, and up until a few weeks ago with my new Zenwifi routers. This seemed have happened with with my MacOS update or safari update. Any help would be appreciated.
May not be relevant to your situation but, I’ve found Safari access to the Asus router GUI awful on both MacOS & iOS since forever.

My fix (rightly or wrongly) was to change ‘Local Access Configuration’ in the router GUI admin to HTTP.

All good since then. I try HTTPS every so often to see if it’s fixed, but no go thus far…..:)

Last edited:
Well I figured I would try this on my iPhone using Safari - and it works without issue. So yeah this seems like desktop Safari issue. This happened somewhere in the past 3-4 weeks. I remember upgrading Safari recently as well.
I have no problem using Chrome on Mac - but main browser is Safari on Mac and iPhone/iPad. It seems to at least work on mobile devices.

It works in Safari on 10.15.7. This is absolutely an Apple issue in my opinion.
I'm running Version 15.2 (17612.3.6.1.6)! Though I know for a fact I accessed web interface for Asus about 3-4 weeks ago and it worked without issue. I was just trying something out today and noticed the issue.

I submitted Feedback to Apple. We will see if this goes no where :) There was a question from Apple whether "Private Relay (Beta)" was on/off. It was off for me. I turned it on to see if it changed anything - no - same issue.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!