What's new

Asus Webgui & Chrome

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Low Timer

Occasional Visitor
Good afternoon. I installed a RT-AX6000, stock firmware, a few months ago with no problem accessing the router webgui via the router's ip address ( example: 192.168.1.1 ). Today, when I tried to access the router webgui using it's ip address, Chrome is redirecting to AiCloud instead of the router's configuration. If I use Firefox or Edge, I'm able to access the router's webgui. Not sure what has happened in Chrome or how to correct this. Any Suggestions?

Thanks

Try clearing the cache, disabling extensions, using incognito mode, or simply use another browser.

Good afternoon. I installed a RT-AX6000, stock firmware, a few months ago with no problem accessing the router webgui via the router's ip address ( example: 192.168.1.1 ). Today, when I tried to access the router webgui using it's ip address, Chrome is redirecting to AiCloud instead of the router's configuration. If I use Firefox or Edge, I'm able to access the router's webgui. Not sure what has happened in Chrome or how to correct this. Any Suggestions?

Thanks
Go to Settings > Privacy and Security > Security > Advanced and turn off "Always use secure connections".

Try clearing the cache, disabling extensions, using incognito mode, or simply use another browser.

No luck with clearing the cache, disabling extensions or incognito mode. Other browsers do work. In the past when I entered my router ip address, the address bar would show router.asus.com. Entering router.asus.com will redirect to AiCloud as well. Something has appeared to change within Chrome.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Go to Settings > Privacy and Security > Security > Advanced and turn off "Always use secure connections".
This was off, still being redirected to AiCloud when entering the ip address of the router only while using Chrome.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Check the setting at chrome://flags/#https-upgrades
When I disable upgrades, router ip address now goes to the router. The address bar indicates router.asus.com as it did in the past. I can enter router.asus.com in the address bar, it loads the router webui as in the past. Is there a problem disabling upgrades?

Thank you very much for the help!

Freakin' Google! I'm convinced they've led the push to all-https because folks like me favored privoxy for making web pages work preferably. Including de-googlization of the WWW. Now we're stuck with them...

I'd turned a lot of people on to google back when they were google.stanford.edu but they've long since made me come to regret it.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!