What's new

Asus XT8 - return of the 2.4Ghz backhaul

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ArbitRabbit

Occasional Visitor
So after a few months of working stably, I saw that my XT8 backhaul would return to 2.4Ghz backhaul every few hours (RSSI around -61, so excellent signal). Of course going back to 42095 fixes the issue but that’s not the point - I don’t want to run an old firmware on my internet gateway device. I want a version with as up to date security patches as possible, but just doesn’t seem to be possible for Asus to come up with a good enough firmware. At this stage I am pretty much about to give up on Asus as a company. Have been using their routers for the past 6-7 years but can’t see myself buying another one again. Sigh!

Yeah I've also noticed this with the latest firmware upgrade and agree with your sentiment. Can't seem to get it right!

Hey @ArbitRabbit just as an FYI, my issue was resolved with the most recent firmware released... Version 3.0.0.4.386.46061. Apparently this came out over a month ago however my UI just started prompting me to upgrade today. I had even checked last Thursday before I replied to your post and hadn't seen a new version.

Anyway, I did a manual update through the web ui instead of the app. Downloaded the most recent firmware from here:

Worked for me! Back to 5ghz backhaul with an RSSI at -64 dBm (up from -49 dBm when I was stuck on the 2.4ghz backhaul).

Hope this helps!

I was on 46061 when the issues started happening again. It was in fact stable on previous firmware.
I know with 46061, Asus added support for next gen hardware for XT8, and I think that’s what caused the issue.

Hey all,

I've had my Zenwifi AX for a long time and everything worked perfectly...Until some days ago!

And I had the exact same problem, I couldnt even get the 5ghz backhaul wifi to show its ssid. So I knew something was very wrong and it had nothing to do with signal in my building what so ever.

What I discovered was I thought I had turned OFF selecting DFS channels from both the backhaul 5g and client 5g. However when after loooong time of troubleshooting and almost shooting myself, I realised that the asus router (im using web interface) didnt let me to deselect dfs channels on backhaul. Only on client 5g. So I dunno if its because of the war that our government have some extra radar signals activated or something but when i choose to lock onto channel 120, everything worked like a charm!

So I'd advice to check that, and if you cant deselect "autp select channel including DFS channels", try to lock it and see what happens! Hope it works out for you!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!