What's new

ASUS ZenWifi AX XT8 with Sky Ultrafast plus fibre in UK

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

neilybealy

Occasional Visitor
Morning all

Does anyone here have the XT8 in router mode when connected to the Sky router SR203 (need this still for voip)? I've left the Sky Q main device and the mini devices connected to the Sky ssid (they get 192.168.0.x) and all other devices connect to the XT8 (192.168.50.x) but this means the Sky Go app can't access the main SkyQ device to access the recordings to download onto the phone/ipad to watch

I have tried port forwarding on the SR203 looking at other forums and what people have said are needed but either I'm not configuring these correctly or they aren't right

Any help appreciated please :)

Thanks

Neil

Last edited:
Hi Neil,

I presume your Sky Q boxes are not connected to your Asus network in anyway? In that case, the only way you can access them is to log onto the network that your Sky Q boxes are connected to. Or, you can connect your Sky Q boxes to your Asus network.

Hi Prindi

I've since removed the Sky router and use the Asus XT8 as the only network. The main Sky Q box is connected via ethernet and picks up an ip address from XT8 dhcp. The Sky Q mini boxes can't connect to the XT8 ssid directly so you have to connect using WPS on the main SkyQ box and they then pick up an ip address. All these devices on the same subnet so i can access recordings from the Sky Go app on my phone. Not had any network issues on the SkyQ boxes at all whereas I used to get connectivity issues on 2 of the minis before

Hi Prindi

I've since removed the Sky router and use the Asus XT8 as the only network. The main Sky Q box is connected via ethernet and picks up an ip address from XT8 dhcp. The Sky Q mini boxes can't connect to the XT8 ssid directly so you have to connect using WPS on the main SkyQ box and they then pick up an ip address. All these devices on the same subnet so i can access recordings from the Sky Go app on my phone. Not had any network issues on the SkyQ boxes at all whereas I used to get connectivity issues on 2 of the minis before

That sounds similar to my setup, although I still use my Sky router for VOIP. Have you replaced it with a router?
Also, how did you setup the XT8, router mode or AP mode?

when I posted this originally I was using the sky router with voip and the XT8 was in AP mode. I tried changing to router mode but with double nat you couldn't access recordings on the Sky Go app

I've since removed the Sky router and the XT8 connects to the ONT and provides dhcp with a single subnet which means you can access recordings on the Sky Go app

I've lost voip but I never used it and only recently downgraded to pay as you go so nothing really lost

I would love to ditch my Sky router, but I need it for VOIP. My XT8 has been unstable for the last couple of months, probably due to firmware updates, so I'm trying to find a way for it to play nicely with my Sky router.