What's new

ASUS ZenWiFi ET12 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.22127

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I think it should be fine provided you aren't on a channel with a lot of interference... I can even get a strong connection with 70db on some outdoor IOT as long as its on a channel with no one else impeding...

So, PMF is disabled and WPA3 is configured for guest1 WLANs only and you have guest1 clients connecting with WPA3 as reported on those clients?

OE
Not simply allow, but work. Does it?

Just tried with the ET12 in AiMesh and my ZFold4 and apparently yes...... See the attached pictures.
Guest Network setup.jpg
Wireless PMF disabled.jpg
ZFold4 Wifi Connected.jpg
wifi connection link info.jpg
wifi connection L2 info.jpg

Just tried with the ET12 in AiMesh and my ZFold4 and apparently yes...... See the attached pictures.

That's good... if it can be set, it should work.

OE

That's good... if it can be set, it should work.

OE
On the contrary, I am concerned that since this is out of WIFI alliance spec, it may cause issues down the road. So after testing, I deleted the guest network and reverted back to PMF disabled and WPA2 only for 5GHz band on the ET12.....

My ET12 AiMesh system all of a sudden become very unstable today. Even the wired laptop is experiencing sporatic lost of internet connection. And access to router UI is very sluggish and sometimes even unresponsive......

The wireless network goes down very frequently (like every other time) when I run Speedtest.net to test connection on a wireless device (laptop/phone...etc). And most of the time, when wireless goes down, wired devices still has full throughput via WAN, and wireless network (which sometimes multiple nodes loses wireless together) will come back after a minute or two.

When I lose wireless, the nodes will turn red and I see these in the log (on my wired computer):
Mar 5 19:36:08 rc_service: cfg_server 2720:notify_rc update_sta_binding
Mar 5 19:36:09 rc_service: cfg_server 2720:notify_rc update_sta_binding

Last edited:
I also experienced a brief drop in connection. and some of my devices disconnected while some remain connected. A reboot solved the issue though.

Very strange.

If you are using the current firmware, this may happen again. I had to revert back to the firmware released before this bug filled release. Working flawlessly!

If you are using the current firmware, this may happen again. I had to revert back to the firmware released before this bug filled release. Working flawlessly!
One thing I have noticed with this firmware, but not sure if its isolated to firmware though, even though it is way more stable - the 6E speeds seem to be all over the place - even though Im right near the primary node, I get speeds a lot of the time even slower than regular 5 speeds (eg. 450mbs with 5, but 200-300mbs on 6e) Here's hoping its just a firmware issue.

Thanks! I ended up downgrading back to 21739 as well and that gives me my wireless network back. However, the UI is so sluggish that I can hardly enter the UI to reconfigure anymore......

Last edited:
Downgraded back down to 21739 for 2 weeks now. And everything is stable.
Not much post on 22127 with the ET12. Did everyone else who updated their ET12 with 22127 having smooth sailing? Or not many updated?

Downgraded back down to 21739 for 2 weeks now. And everything is stable.
Not much post on 22127 with the ET12. Did everyone else who updated their ET12 with 22127 having smooth sailing? Or not many updated?
Well i was on the beta and downgraded to 22127 performed a wipe then set up everything again. No problems thus far. Had like 1 or 2 random disconnects but i think that's when the dfs channels are in use. I could be wrong.

I did realize that when it disconnects it goes to the 80mhz frequency.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!