What's new

ASUS ZenWifi Mesh - ping slowdown after period

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

m4tthall

New Around Here
Hi,

I am wondering if anyone can advise on things I can try. I recently purchased three ASUS ZenWiFi AX (XT8)s to set-up a mesh in my home, upgrading from a Deco M5. It has been connected to Virgin Fibre and seems to work pretty well. However, occasionally I have noticed the typical ping replies spike and stay at an elevated level (sometimes with intermittent timeouts) and the only way for me to get it back again is to reboot the router. I have tried pinging from various devices and the pings were against the LAN IP after originally spotting when pinging to 8.8.8.8. So I am assuming it is an internal issue rather than anything to do with my provider or subsequent route to remote sites.

Any suggestions would really be welcome. I haven't changed any of the default settings on the devices except for getting them working as per set-up.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

It could be something on your network.

I had that with our mesh and tracked it down to a phone running WiFi Analyzer, it effected every device on that node.