What's new

Asus ZenWiFi Pro (ET12, XT12) sneak peek

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

If it's that expensive, I can't understand who it's target market actually is. A 12 stream device is miles beyond what any consumer or power user would ever need.

It would be like buying a 14" screen that's 8K.
Depends on how big your home is no? It's not even the most expensive mesh system out there although it's also only two nodes.

A 12 stream device is miles beyond what any consumer or power user would ever need.
That's total. It means you have one dedicated four-stream radio linking the two nodes, leaving you with four stream per band for the two remaining bands.

$900 for Zen? No, never!

Would love to be proved wrong though. :)

One thing to note is that these have very high-end specifications (i.e. they both use the new BCM4912, which is a 2 GHz quad core CPU). They have specs to match any high-end router.

Be warned that these devices a pretty big compared to the previous Zen devices. I was surprised at how bit the XT12 were when I received them. So they might not be as discrete when placing the second node somewhere. Here they are next to a GT-AX6000:

Attachments

• IMG_20211130_133809.jpg
    IMG_20211130_133809.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 452
After seeing the picture posted above, and finding GT-AX6000 available on Amazon, I quickly looked to see if there was an RMerlin fw, which there currently is no offering. I will continue to wait and see which "new" routers will be blessed with The RMerlin FW.
My current setup is working well for our environment, but my routers are so old that RMerlin post them lower and lower on his list, and my vision is so poor that I download the AX86 fw instead of the AC86.

I explained that RMerlin support is "sinking" for our routers.
The Wife says I still can't upgrade.
EDIT:
Another Alpha :)
RMerlin you are amazingly talented!

Last edited:
it's probably just me but i'm a bit leery of Zen routers since asus hasn't even managed to stabilize the XT8s yet

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!