What's new

ASUS ZenWiFi Pro XT12 Firmware version 9.0.0.6.102.3506

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Vogemic

New Around Here
Released beta version:

Be noted: This is an early stage beta, there might be bugs. This version can be downgraded via web GUI only.

New Features:
1. Add Guest Network Pro:
• Kids WiFi: Create a network for kids that blocks access to adult content and has a schedule to control when the network is available.
• VPN WiFi: Create a VPN network that connects to 3rd party VPN services or with ASUS site to site VPN(https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1048281/) to encrypts your internet connection and hides your IP address to protect your online activities from being tracked or monitored.
• IoT WiFi : Create an IoT (Internet of Things) network that blocks malicious traffic* and only allows 2.4GHz devices to connect.
• Guest WiFi: Create a guest network with a WiFi schedule and access rights to control when and how guests can use the network.
2. Add VLAN in LAN settings.
3. Add Auto USB WAN backup, while primary WAN is down, plug USB phone/dongle will auto enable backup internet, no setup is required.
4. Add iPhone USB tethering. (Please make sure hotspot on iPhone is enabled).
5. Add Multi-services WAN, create multiple profiles on a single WAN interface.

Firmware download

For those curious, I posted a few screenshots in this thread:

I always check out betas and hope that the bugs will be more niggling than maddening. Right now, this one's the latter for me, breaking IPv6 passthrough and suffering long delays until webpages begin loading. Downgraded and all is well again. Looking forward to trying the next one, though, as those are some cool new features.

I always check out betas and hope that the bugs will be more niggling than maddening. Right now, this one's the latter for me, breaking IPv6 passthrough and suffering long delays until webpages begin loading. Downgraded and all is well again. Looking forward to trying the next one, though, as those are some cool new features.
Hi, please can you show me how did you downgrade, I'm unable from web ui, or maybe i just dont know :oops:. Thanks in advance

Hi, please can you show me how did you downgrade, I'm unable from web ui, or maybe i just dont know :oops:. Thanks in advance
Of course! Web UI works for me when I:

1. Download firmware of choice from ASUS website.
2. Unzip the file so it is in .pkgtb format.
3. Go to asusrouter.com>Administration>Firmware_Upgrade.
4. Where the router and node(s) are listed, click the "Upload" link beside the "Manual firmware update" text, select the .pkgtb file, and click "Upload."
5. After upgrade (or downgrade, as the case may be) is complete, repeat 3 & 4 as needed for the different nodes.

I am not sure whether it is better to upgrade/downgrade the router before or after the nodes or maybe it doesn't matter. Some may recommend a full factory reset and rebuild after downgrading from a beta with such significant changes, but I noticed no performance or stability troubles without having done so.

Hope that helps--I don't know of any other way to do it.

Of course! Web UI works for me when I:

1. Download firmware of choice from ASUS website.
2. Unzip the file so it is in .pkgtb format.
3. Go to asusrouter.com>Administration>Firmware_Upgrade.
4. Where the router and node(s) are listed, click the "Upload" link beside the "Manual firmware update" text, select the .pkgtb file, and click "Upload."
5. After upgrade (or downgrade, as the case may be) is complete, repeat 3 & 4 as needed for the different nodes.

I am not sure whether it is better to upgrade/downgrade the router before or after the nodes or maybe it doesn't matter. Some may recommend a full factory reset and rebuild after downgrading from a beta with such significant changes, but I noticed no performance or stability troubles without having done so.

Hope that helps--I don't know of any other way to do it.
Excellent answer, thanks! The issue was not showing at ui the ¨upload¨ option, after factory reset the node option appeared.

HI,
I updated to this and now my node wont power up. I have tried the power/wps method to try to reset, and there are no power lights. Its unresponsive. I have tried another outlet as well...this is a very expensive system($1100CDN+tax), I would hate to lose this. Anyone have any suggestions please on how to get the node back up please?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!