What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 376.44 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

After 5 day of uses on AC66U I didn't have a single problem the only problem I have is the wifi signal which is not good enough compare to .43 and .42and my 5Ghz will only work in Auto mode not in N+AC.

This is not a problem. This is a feature.

What does this give you?
Code:
# nvram show | grep -E 'ccode|country_code|regulation_domain' | sort

0:ccode=SG
1:ccode=SG
pci/1/1/ccode=SG
pci/2/1/ccode=SG
regulation_domain=#a
regulation_domain_5G=#a
wl0_country_code=SG
wl1_country_code=SG
wl_country_code=#a

I don't see any missing channel on that list.

Make sure you have DFS enabled.

channels from 52 to 64 should be present.
How to enable DFS? or make sure that is enable? i don' remember setting that option before.

Thank you all

0:ccode=SG
1:ccode=SG
pci/1/1/ccode=SG
pci/2/1/ccode=SG
regulation_domain=#a
regulation_domain_5G=#a
wl0_country_code=SG
wl1_country_code=SG
wl_country_code=#a

channels from 52 to 64 should be present.
How to enable DFS? or make sure that is enable? i don' remember setting that option before.

Thank you all

go back to .43 Change all the settings to #a and you will be fine. Oh, and if you buy an other Asus, it will have features you don't like :).

Last edited:
This is not a problem. This is a feature.
That is why I went back to 43. Wifi range especially on the 5 Ghz band is more important than having the latest firmware.

go back to .43 Change all the settings to #a and you will be fine. Oh, and if you buy an other Asus, it will have features you don't like :).

Yeah, i know.. but i shouldn't have to.. But i am wondering If the router was bought and has a Singapore bootloader, it should have all legal channels. 2.4 Ghz is fine bu not 5 Ghz...

Yeah, i know.. but i shouldn't have to.. But i am wondering If the router was bought and has a Singapore bootloader, it should have all legal channels. 2.4 Ghz is fine bu not 5 Ghz...

It should have. But it does not. Asus messes things up big time, outside of the US. So if you are not in the US, stay away from Asus for as long as it will take them to get their act together and that could take a long time.

That is why I went back to 43. Wifi range especially on the 5 Ghz band is more important than having the latest firmware.

In my testing i did not see a difference in signal between 43 and 44. My Roku box still showed excellent with 5 bars 45 feet from the router. My Desktop with a wireless card still shows 100% signal through 2 walls did not change from 43. I guess every environment is truly different.

In my testing i did not see a difference in signal between 43 and 44. My Roku box still showed excellent with 5 bars 45 feet from the router. My Desktop with a wireless card still shows 100% signal through 2 walls did not change from 43. I guess every environment is truly different.

There is no need tot state that if you are in the US of A. Asus screws things up for the rest of the world. They jump through hoops for the FCC. You might wonder what they would do for other US agencies…

Last edited:
Not sure I understand what you mean, I can't create anything unusual when playing with the settings here. Can you provide detailed step by step instructions on how to reproduce your issue?

Set DNS Filtering on with a global default of no filtering. Selected one of the clients to OpenDNS Home (for example) and then changed to Comodo and reapplied the setting. Filter remained on OpenDNS despite Comodo being chosen. Filter always appears to remain on the previously selected filter whenever Comodo is selected.

Hi guys
not sure if i am in good forum fo that

i got 1 laptop and 1 WDTVlive with 2T HDD mounted on it, everything worked fine with WD on .43_2 , i was able to shared video from WD to my PC and vice versa.Everything work fine with .44 also now.
But if i try to revert back on .43_2 now, WD live keep loosing connection or i cant access it " Windows says power on your device or check with ortograph"
i have done and tried everything...Factory reset(router and Wd live)reconfig all
my network, i cant get back my share network with WD on 43_2.Laptop is ok with both .43 and 44
If im going back on 44, WD live working well
I have changed nothing in my Wireless setting in router. 2,4GHZ, band N only(try auto also), 5ghz disabled(dont need it for now)

RT-ac68u

Everything work fine with .44 also now.

So, what is the problem?

Anyone know if it is possible that the rt-n66u routers that were made after the sdk 6 firmware was released may have been tuned for that driver instead. Could this explain why there are so many people claiming different wifi results?

I just went from 376.44 merlin build all the way back to the 374.35_4 sdk 5 build on my rt-n66u. Which came with sdk 6 firmware on it when I bought it.

Guess what... there was absolutely no difference in the wireless signal atleast for me in those two drivers.

...and yes I cleared the nvram, reset all the settings the way I like them and did the whole chabang!

It could be that the routers that were made and released with the old sdk 5 firmware have better signal with the sdk 5 driver and maybe even better overall signal the newer rt-n66u routers that are coming out now with the sdk 6 firmware pre-installed out of the box.

Last edited:
Anyone know if it is possible that the rt-n66u routers that were made after the sdk 6 firmware was released may have been tuned for that driver instead. Could this explain why there are so many people claiming different wifi results?

I just went from 376.44 merlin build all the way back to the 374.35_4 sdk 5 build on my rt-n66u. Which came with sdk 6 firmware on it when I bought it.

Guess what... there was absolutely no difference in the wireless signal atleast for me in those two drivers.

...and yes I cleared the nvram, reset all the settings the way I like them and did the whole chabang!

It could be that the routers that were made and released with the old sdk 5 firmware have better signal with the sdk 5 driver and maybe even better overall signal the newer rt-n66u routers that are coming out now with the sdk 6 firmware pre-installed out of the box.

Not sure good question maybe Merlin would know..

Good question. Here in Sweden there seems to be two versions of the N66. One normal and one "Nordic" edition. No idea which one came first but one can only assume what you do.

I'm on 374.41 now, I'm trying to figure out why my internet speed is fluctuating so much and quite frankly it's pissing me off!

I'm starting to think its just my shirtty isp. I did notice that the throughput seemed to be better with the sdk 5 driver even though there was no difference in signal with my router. Got on 374.41 which is the one I used to like a lot and now my speed is all out of whack again. ugh...

I wonder if the optimize for xbox setting causes problems with throughput when enabled. It's hard to tell for sure. I'm only enabling it because I thought this was supposed to be a bug fix for some of the wireless adapters for xboxs and maybe some other consoles.

Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited:
I'm on 374.41 now, I'm trying to figure out why my internet speed is fluctuating so much and quite frankly it's pissing me off!

I'm starting to think its just my shirtty isp. I did notice that the throughput seemed to be better with the sdk 5 driver even though there was no difference in signal with my router. Got on 374.41 which is the one I used to like a lot and now my speed is all out of whack again. ugh...

I wonder if the optimize for xbox setting causes problems with throughput when enabled. It's hard to tell for sure. I'm only enabling it because I thought this was supposed to be a bug fix for some of the wireless adapters for xboxs and maybe some other consoles.

Anyone have any ideas?

This thread is for 376.44 discussion. As for xbox, if you use a xbox 360, enable it. If you use an Xbox One, this setting "optimize for xbox" does not apply.

Try the latest, .44, and report back if you have issues

@ Merlin, Have you been able to duplicate when 2.4 Ghz is disabled the wifi icon does not display the 5 Ghz channel ? If so will you implement a fix in 45? I see you have already fixed the Comcrap overflow issue in the next build. Thanks !!

Asus practically doesn't support stateful DHCPv6 anyway and wide-dhcp6s is a nightmare to configure for stateful allocation along with dynamic prefix delegation. In any case, dnsmasq doesn't automatically do DHCPv6 unless it is specifically asked to do so using the configuration file. wide-dhcp6s is still there. I haven't seen any breakage till now and I've been using dnsmasq to do stateful DHCPv6 using your firmware's additional configuration files for almost a year now. The 374.43 firmware had this functionality in dnsmasq along with wide-dhcp6s too.

Based on other changes I've seen in recent GPL releases, I have a feeling that Asus might be moving away from a lot of these helper tools such as radvd, and refocusing on dnsmasq in the near future.

So in short, IPv6 code is in a highly volatile stage at this time.

Hello!

Here the pic of what i see when i set WebUi in french with .44 for "Parental control", No ON-OFF switch.Its not a real issue, switch is there in all languages.I rolled back for my wife on .43_2 , she dont like that for the kids:p She think the feature dont work :D

Maybe it can be fixed in a next release

Known issue. When I tried to fix it there were so many other occurrences where Asus forgot to properly escape quotes that I gave up. I'm sure they will fix it in the near future.

@ Merlin, Have you been able to duplicate when 2.4 Ghz is disabled the wifi icon does not display the 5 Ghz channel ? If so will you implement a fix in 45? I see you have already fixed the Comcrap overflow issue in the next build. Thanks !!

Fixed a few days ago:

Code:
commit 4ccac1c8a7215c4ead980f90b9b3eadd9704e3d6
Date:   Tue Aug 5 00:07:37 2014 -0400

httpd: Return both 2.4 and 5G channels even if 2.4G is disabled

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!