What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin Addon Software Catalog

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Maybe too much complexity to handle, but some of the scripts aren't available until a certain firmware level, and some, like cake and wireguard, are superceded above a certain firmware level.

Maybe too much complexity to handle, but some of the scripts aren't available until a certain firmware level, and some, like cake and wireguard, are superceded above a certain firmware level.
I agree... probably a bit complex to try to keep track of this all. I would hope authors would indicate any kind of firmware minimums or other known issues in their OPs so that people can make an informed decision whether or not to pursue and install?

In regard to cake and wireguard I think that 'superceded' would be overstating the case. Both scripts are now configurable via the gui for basic use, but both still offer customisation over and above. For instance the default asus (VPN Fusion) and rmerlin (VPN Director) wireguard only support IPv4 for the clients, where @Martineau's wireguard manager fully supports both IPv4 and IPv6.

wireguard, are superceded above a certain firmware level.

@Martineau's wireguard manager fully supports both IPv4 and IPv6.

And Ipsets for policy routing, custom firewall rules for NAT acceleration (for select models), Wireguard for RT-AC86U, Controlability from remote via SSH buttons/Siri Shortcuts (via wgmExpo), instant geo-location and much more...

superseeding? In which way?

If there are scripts and threads showing active support and use of these tools, please send me the info! Unfortunately I have not dipped my toe into the Wireguard world yet. ;)

In regard to cake and wireguard I think that 'superceded' would be overstating the case.
Quite right. I meant that below a certain level the scripts allowed something that wasn't in the firmware; above a certain level the firmware included some of the functionality.

Is there a tool/addon that would give you the equivalent of the System Status but over time? It would be nice to be able to view CPU/Mem over time in a nice graphical format without having to enlist something like Solarwinds, Nagios, etc.

1684186267209.png

Is there a tool/addon that would give you the equivalent of the System Status but over time? It would be nice to be able to view CPU/Mem over time in a nice graphical format without having to enlist something like Solarwinds, Nagios, etc.

View attachment 50137
I can't think of anything that puts everything together over time... vnStat measures your bandwidth over time... but don't believe there's anything measuring CPU/RAM over time... unless I'm mistaken??

Hey @Viktor Jaep
I removed support for FreshJR_QOS (Adaptive QOS) and nsrum (NVRAM Save/Restore Utility) in amtm 4.2.
Please change list if necessary. Both have been deprecated for a long time now.
Thanks

Hey @Viktor Jaep
I removed support for FreshJR_QOS (Adaptive QOS) and nsrum (NVRAM Save/Restore Utility) in amtm 4.2.
Please change list if necessary. Both have been deprecated for a long time now.
Thanks

Thank you... yes I had removed these a few weeks back. ;)

The software directory for Asus-Merlin Addons that the moderators spent precious time organizing, is there a chance to irregularly update it on the 'Help & Support' page? This would make it easier and more convenient for users to browse and utilize. This is just a tiny suggestion, not sure if it's feasible?

1705883368878.png

1705884514217.png

Alternatively, can we hyperlink 'Assistance and Support' to redirect to the discussion homepage?

Last edited:
The software directory for Asus-Merlin Addons that the moderators spent precious time organizing, is there a chance to irregularly update it on the 'Help & Support' page? This would make it easier and more convenient for users to browse and utilize. This is just a tiny suggestion, not sure if it's feasible?

View attachment 55820

View attachment 55821

Alternatively, can we hyperlink 'Assistance and Support' to redirect to the discussion homepage?

That's a great question... I'm not even sure who's got ownership on keeping that page up-to-date! :(

That's a great question... I'm not even sure who's got ownership on keeping that page up-to-date! :(
That page comes from an HTML file that's part of @Jack Yaz shared library of resources, which is installed on the router here:

/jffs/addons/shared-jy/redirect.htm

This is open source so anyone can update it if/when needed and then submit a PR to Jack's GitHub repository:

Hi All,

Is this tool x3mRouting still in use? Latest update is 3 years ago?

Greets,

Yep! I hear of others continuing to use it. Sometimes these scripts are solid, doing what they need to do, and require very little change moving forward. ;)

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!