What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin: IPV6

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

badrisuper

New Around Here
Hi

I have changed my router to Asus AX88U and install latest merlin. I tried to enable IPV6 for my XBOX-X but for DNS its still using IPV4 address.

I have tried the same in OpenWRT routers and I get IPV6 for both console and DNS.

In Merlin, It looks like I am making some mistake.

Anyone has similar experience and solution?

Thanks
Badri M

You say it's enabled in your router, correct?

Do you have it setup as Native or Passthru? For comcast, I have to set up as native but depending on your ISP, you may have to choose Passthru.

After you save the setting in the router. Hard reset (hold power button for 8 secs) on the xbox.

Try turning on the xbox and see if it's working.

Yes, its enabled.

I set it up as Native. Now I am getting IPV6 for DNS. But its not the DNS server IPV6 instead its the IPV6 which see under IPV6->IPV6 Lan Setting -> Lan IPV6 Address. I have configured Cloud Flare IPV6 but instead I am getting Lan IPV6 address.

And I have one more question. I have GigaByte connection and its connected through PPPOE and VLAN. Under FlexQOS -> WAN packet overhead which option I should select? Do you know?

Thanks
Badri M

It's nice that you trust us, but you should really verify for yourself these two things:

1- go to https://ipv6.he.net/certification/ and take the first 2-3 levels of the free course. should take ~2hours
(eventually everything on the server side will be basically forced to transition to v6, but until then you can be getting served by either v4 or v6, so your router has to be dual stacked; if the client devices are displaying that they have v6 addresses, you're good.)

2- you'll need to go to the FlexQoS threads to find your best/proper config.

It's nice that you trust us, but you should really verify for yourself these two things:

1- go to https://ipv6.he.net/certification/ and take the first 2-3 levels of the free course. should take ~2hours
(eventually everything on the server side will be basically forced to transition to v6, but until then you can be getting served by either v4 or v6, so your router has to be dual stacked; if the client devices are displaying that they have v6 addresses, you're good.)

2- you'll need to go to the FlexQoS threads to find your best/proper config.
hmm

What scripts are you running? What is your ipv6-test.com result?