What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

shimi269

New Around Here
I have been setting up PiHole and got it all working with the router. I am keeping the router as the DHCP, as everything is working fine. But suddenly I noticed 4 devices have been assigned a Static IP. I never assigned these, and they are not on the list of manually assigned IPs either. You can see in the screenshot below, I have some manual devices, which I setup, but now their are 3 devices that say static IP, but have not been touched at all, they were on DHCP not long ago. I don't understand how, where or why these devices have been assigned a static ip.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-06 at 18.41.21.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-06 at 18.41.21.png
    69.4 KB · Views: 38
Welcome to the forums @shimi269.

Wait a bit and check it later. This is just a (known) display glitch.

How is the static label normally derived? Is the router detecting that the device has an IP address set and didn't require DHCP?

That's the question, isn't it.

However it's done currently, it is prone to (occasional) error.

I have been setting up PiHole and got it all working with the router. I am keeping the router as the DHCP, as everything is working fine. But suddenly I noticed 4 devices have been assigned a Static IP. I never assigned these, and they are not on the list of manually assigned IPs either. You can see in the screenshot below, I have some manual devices, which I setup, but now their are 3 devices that say static IP, but have not been touched at all, they were on DHCP not long ago. I don't understand how, where or why these devices have been assigned a static ip.
This is a bug in Asus code they never bother fixing. It is randomly displays whatever it wants whenever. It has done this for at least the 5 years I have been using their products now.

This is a bug in Asus code they never bother fixing. It is randomly displays whatever it wants whenever. It has done this for at least the 5 years I have been using their products now.
Wonky Network Map. Known to be this way for a long time. Get used to it!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!