What's new

AX-11000 shows AI Mesh errors, but AI Mesh is not enabled.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tangmu314

Occasional Visitor
Looking at the event log in my AX-11000, I see this a lot:
Mar 12 22:09:22 kernel: <MAC ADDRESS REMOVED> not mesh client, can't update it's ip

(punctuation error is from Asus)

It calls out various clients, such as a Windows PC, a web camera, and an IP phone. Yes, none of these are mesh clients. I don't have mesh enabled, and I don't have a router other than the 11000.

Don't know if it's related, but I see tons of this in the log:
Mar 12 18:31:08 kernel: br0: received packet on eth7 with own address as source address

Seems to be working fine. Getting good WiFi speeds on all the clients. Just these messages.

Any suggestions on what this means? Do I need to change something? Thanks.

Looking at the event log in my AX-11000, I see this a lot:
Mar 12 22:09:22 kernel: <MAC ADDRESS REMOVED> not mesh client, can't update it's ip

(punctuation error is from Asus)

It calls out various clients, such as a Windows PC, a web camera, and an IP phone. Yes, none of these are mesh clients. I don't have mesh enabled, and I don't have a router other than the 11000.

Don't know if it's related, but I see tons of this in the log:
Mar 12 18:31:08 kernel: br0: received packet on eth7 with own address as source address

Seems to be working fine. Getting good WiFi speeds on all the clients. Just these messages.

Any suggestions on what this means? Do I need to change something? Thanks.

ignore these messages and enjoy your Internet. Logging was enabled to a higher degree in these latest GPLs from ASUS so thats why you can safely ignore - or if it bothers you choose a level of syslog less than DEBUG or install scribe and filter them out

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!