What's new

AX-88U (Non Pro) bad decision?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

badplay

Occasional Visitor
Hi

I replaced my r7000 old one with the ax 88 u but what i dont see at the purchase that that is the non pro version. now i am worried if that were a bad decision? i got it for 140 bucks (used) in my country no one sells the PRO version as USED. some times there are some ax 6000 to get. but i desided for the ax88u what i dont know is all in this forum talk about the pro version. SO should i sell it ?

i deside to buy this one becorse of the price. i found a 180 asus rog gt 6000 is this the other one that so many advice or is this not the one ???

alsow do you have the asus merlin wrt on you router ?

GT-AX6000 is newer hardware device and will have longer Asus support, but Asuswrt-Merlin situation for it is unknown:

This router was already moved by Asus to Asuswrt 5.0 3.0.0.6 firmware. Current Asuswrt-Merlin is 3.0.0.4 based firmware.

1713104914035.png

If what you find in stock Asuswrt firmware is good enough - it's a better purchase in 2024. RT-AX88U is 2018 model router.

ok shirt but i cant get it back i got it as a used device so no way to get back. i have now the rt ax88u for 140 dollar.

i found a rog gt ax6000 for 190 dollar but yea now it is to late :(

ok shirt but i cant get it back

Then use what you've got. Still capable router, still supported, just older model in 2024. Not the end of the World. The price was about right.