What's new

AX58U secondary router in AP or Normal mode

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ams_sxi

Occasional Visitor
I have Virgin 350mbps fibre broadband and i have the ax58u connected as a secondary router via cat6 in a blackspot i was getting.

I done the auto setup on the asus router and orignally I was getting the full 350mbps download speed however after 1 hour only seem to get 80mbps.
If i am in close proximity to the primary virgin router i get 350mbps.

Last edited:
Only seem to get... ??? :)

What firmware are you running on the RT-AX58U? After flashing the firmware, you wanted to use, did you do a full reset on it?

Only seem to get... ??? :)

What firmware are you running on the RT-AX58U? After flashing the firmware, you wanted to use, did you do a full reset on it?

Sorry only seem to get 80mbps.

I am running standard firmware 3.0.0.4.384_10177-g33723e

If 'standard firmware' = Asus stock, dump it.

RMerlin firmware is worlds better (even the latest Beta 2 build, link below). Just be sure to flash the RMerlin firmware first, then fully reset it, and then format the JFFS partition on the next boot before you put it in use (make sure to reboot the router at least twice after checking the box to format on the next boot and then clicking 'Apply' at the bottom of the page before rebooting it).

Asuswrt-Merlin - Browse /RT-AX58U/Beta at SourceForge.net

If 'standard firmware' = Asus stock, dump it.

RMerlin firmware is worlds better (even the latest Beta 2 build, link below). Just be sure to flash the RMerlin firmware first, then fully reset it, and then format the JFFS partition on the next boot before you put it in use (make sure to reboot the router at least twice after checking the box to format on the next boot and then clicking 'Apply' at the bottom of the page before rebooting it).

Asuswrt-Merlin - Browse /RT-AX58U/Beta at SourceForge.net

Sorry I am not too technical with routers etc. Is there a guide on how to do this?

Please look for the link in my signature below for the M&M Config and also the Nuclear Reset guides along with the other posts too that may be of help.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!