What's new

AX58U - Wifi unstable with Smart home devices (TP-link HS200, HS105 switch etc...)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I mean its not super strange , its a bug lol. what firmware versions are the HS200 and 210 on? cuz like I said I have 2 of each and they are and have been connected for a couple days now. and I use google assistant to control them by voice all the time so id know if something was up. i'm not saying your doing something wrong. these drivers are buggy. I just am trying to figure out what that bug is or any pattern that is decernable
Here's my inventory of FW versions if you are curious for your own investigation.
- HS105: FW v1.5.6
- HS107: FW v1.0.10
- HS210: FW v1.1.4
- HS200: FW v1.1.4
- KP400: FW v1.0.6

Considering I'm not seeing the issues anymore, I'm considering it as closed and that Asus has done their homework to identify what was going on with whatever special conditions were being triggered.

My smart home has 25 TP-Link Kasa devices. MY AX-55 was afflicted with this problem and it drove me nuts. You can resolve it a couple ways:
  1. Set your 2.4G to Legacy mode. This will force all the Kasa devices to connect using 802.11G rather than N.
  2. Upgrade your firmware to the beta firmware in sticky post here. This worked for me AX-55
  3. Stop using AX-55 as a router. I got so frustrated that I bought a 86U and then made my AX-55 an AIMesh node. No constant disconnects anymore for AX-55 as AIMesh node with either the release or beta firmware.

Out of curiosity for those who managed to install the new 86U firmware w/o bricking your device. Does it fix this issue?

My AX-58 never had issues with Kasa and TP-link devices.
But meross is killing me. I have 3x mss710 and 1x mss210.
Randomly one (or two) of them disconnect.
Sometimes they reconnect after a few hours (or days). If i replug them they work again.

I’m going nuts. My HS200 has been quite stable on my ac68u router firmware 386.7.
They went offline recently and for the life of me, using the Kasa app and full factory reset, can not get them connected. Signal strength is not the issue. Hey just keep flashing orange-green.

can someone please help me with both std and professional router settings? I feel like I’ve tried so many permutations with no luck but must be overlooking the correct set.

I had the same problem with my ax88u and LB110 bulbs. One solution was to downgrade my firmware and wait for ASUS to fix in a subsequent release. However, I just decided to roll with the new firmware and upgrade my 10 year old TPLINK bulbs to the latest generation which worked fine. In my case, ASUS applied a fix for a Wi-Fi vulnerability and the TPLINK bulbs could not keep up. In the end, Asus came up with a solution after 3 months via a subsequent GPL upgrade and eventually the old bulbs would connect but I had no use for them by that point. TPLINK was of no help even though only there devices were the problem in my household with lots of differ IOt. I sent them logs, bulb firmware, etc and they never responded to me or several others who had similar complaints in the forums.

I’ve read that some put a cheap legacy WI-FI access point / router running a different subnet behind the ASUS router to remedy the solution.

This is par for the course given the low cost “smart devices” typically use cheap radios and hardware. They advertise the LED bulb itself could last 20-30 years but do not address the hardware which makes them “smart”.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!