What's new

AX6000 broken channel bandwidth 160 mhz

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mightymike

Occasional Visitor
I recently bought the AX6000. I have it setup exactly the same as my AX86U. I basically copied all the settings over to the new router. Now all my devices won't see the 5ghz SSID. When I turn off channel bandwidth 160 mhz my devices can connect fine. It's only when I have 160 enabled my devices can't see the SSID.

Works fine on my older router. Typical Asus... does anyone have an idea why it would work on my AX86U and not on the newer unit?

When you say you copied over the settings, you shouldn't be copying over a save file from one router model to another, or even between significant firmware upgrades. If that's what you've done (if not ignore all this) then you might want to follow: https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1039077/ to factory restore the router and restart the set-up.
*My own GT-AX6000 is currently using 160Mhz, unfortunately on the crowded low 5GHz band due to DFS detects everywhere else on that band.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!