What's new

AX86U accessing menu issue?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

willyburz

Just got the AX86U. Logged in offline, and uploaded the newest firmware I had already downloaded from the site, and finished setting it up. Once I did that, and exited, I can't access the menu screen at all when I try to go back in?! Like I've tried everything, and even hard reset...and it does it again after I set it up and log out?!?!? Just times out when I type in the ip for the menu?! I even turned off ax one of my tries, setting it up and still the same issue.

Losing my mind, what am I missing?!

You know that the AX86U defaults to 192.168.50.1 and not 192.168.1.1 ? you can also try router.asus.com

I am an absolute nut job for missing that?!?!?!??!?!?!?! I didn't catch that ip change or even look to see that. YIKES. Years of putting the same in will do that to you. When I put in the og IP, it let me into the menu initially but after that and the ssid update or whatever, it wouldn't let me.

Thank you @BreakingDad I will try that and see.

Well, I reset it twice...3rd time may be a charm

You know that the AX86U defaults to 192.168.50.1 and not 192.168.1.1 ? you can also try router.asus.com
Essentially I was able to log on originally with the og ip. Then after I got in updated, and changed a couple things when it kicks you off...I then once reconnected had access to the web, but could not use the same ip to get back into the menu.

I am an absolute nut job for missing that?!?!?!??!?!?!?! I didn't catch that ip change or even look to see that. YIKES. Years of putting the same in will do that to you. When I put in the og IP, it let me into the menu initially but after that and the ssid update or whatever, it wouldn't let me.

Thank you @BreakingDad I will try that and see.

Well, I reset it twice...3rd time may be a charm
Confused me as well, I changed mine back to the old style :)

Good lord, I am blind. That was it, freakn different IP...lol. Sorry guys and thanks for the assist!!!! This AX86U is bonkers awesome and no issues with the combo wpa 2 and 3 settings across all.

I manually set dns, locked in least interferenced channels. Made sure all was green on scan... I haven't messed with qos, not sure if it's worth it? Any newer stuff to look at setting wise?

Thanks all

Use it till it breaks! :)

I haven't messed with qos, not sure if it's worth it? Any newer stuff to look at setting wise?

Depends what you want to do with your network, and how much you enjoy breaking your router and fixing it :) Personally I use Merlin Firmware, Flex QOS, and Skynet. Settings loosely based on @L&LD guide Merlin Setup . If you want skynet etc, follow THIS guide.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!