What's new

AX86U dropping wan & WiFi

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

morty

Occasional Visitor
Hi all,
Up until recently I've had no problems but over the past 7 days the wan is dropping for literally seconds at a time. I've attached an excerpt of the syslog and it's the exact same line that appears everytime it happens and shortly after the wap handshake starts. Your thoughts or remedies are appreciated.
Thanks.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20211109-205143_Samsung Internet.jpg
    SmartSelect_20211109-205143_Samsung Internet.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 126
  • SmartSelect_20211109-204947_Samsung Internet.jpg
    SmartSelect_20211109-204947_Samsung Internet.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 116
Without seeing the complete log over a longer period of time it's difficult to know what exactly is going on.

The image showing eth4 just looks like an Ethernet connected PC being turned on.

The other image is more interesting but with only two lines of output.... It shows the connection to the modem being "bounced". That might be because the modem was rebooted, or crashed. Or maybe it's connected to the router with a loose or damaged cable.

Last edited:
What firmware are you using?

The other image is more interesting but with only two lines of output.... It shows the connection to the modem being "bounced". That might be because the modem was rebooted, or crashed. Or maybe it's connected to the router with a loose or damaged cable.
It looks like you reported a very similar problem less than a month ago with a different model router.

That suggests to me that the problem is not with the router but with the ISP, the modem or the cabling.

It looks like you reported a very similar problem less than a month ago with a different model router.

That suggests to me that the problem is not with the router but with the ISP, the modem or the cabling.
Hi colin, I thought I'd solved the problem but again today it dropped multiple times I think it may be the ISP. I've attached a snapshot of syslog. Am i right in thinking that PADT is a reset from ISP end??? Thanks for your input.

Hi colin, I thought I'd solved the problem but again today it dropped multiple times I think it may be the ISP. I've attached a snapshot of syslog. Am i right in thinking that PADT is a reset from ISP end??? Thanks for your input.
I can't see any snapshot. But don't bother posting small sections of the log, they don't show enough information. Save the entire system log and upload it to pastebin.com and then provide a link to it.

I can't see any snapshot. But don't bother posting small sections of the log, they don't show enough information. Save the entire system log and upload it to pastebin.com and then provide a link to it.
just noticed it didn't attach I'll put the whole log on pastebin as suggested and attach link.Thanks.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!