What's new

AX86u HW Runner

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xrsenal

Any issues with disabiling Runner?

Does this overclock cpu?

1626421679694.png

The game feels insanely better when I disable this... any reason why?

Only thing Im really using is Bandwidth tags for my PS5 which wont enable TrendMicro...

Are you reading the output of your tests?

Having a single game to feel better is not conclusive proof of anything. What performance improvements do you see playing any game?

All you are doing above is changing the CPU's C states. Probably using more power and heat for no added maximum performance. It may give a few nano seconds lower latency, but I doubt that it would be noticeable in game play (except for a very specific game/server and user interaction as you're seeing).

Yes. If you have a fast connection your throughput is worse because it becomes CPU limited.

No. You cannot overclock the AX86U. You were already told this in the other thread.
My throughput is the same ; the router is in a cold basement anyway so it’s always “cool”

There's no such thing as that speed from verizon. It's either you have
1G/1/G or
500/500 Mbps
Yea that’s where you’re wrong ; I pay for the “Gig” but that’s 900/940

I have the TV and phone bundle and Bc I have STBS it cuts the download a bit.

Do your research first

Do your research first
Your initial message said 550/900, not 900/940, which is why he gave you that answer...

1G/1G is the same thing at 940/940 - this is after any existing overhead.

Your initial message said 550/900, not 900/940, which is why he gave you that answer...

1G/1G is the same thing at 940/940 - this is after any existing overhead.
I gave the actual value not the package I pay for. The download speed is chopped bc of the TV bundle....But literally none of this is relevant.

Merlin can you explain why disabling runner makes my game feel smoother?

Also, I know how to disable it with command runner disable

but when i reboot, it turns back on... anyway to make it stay off?

Yea that’s where you’re wrong ; I pay for the “Gig” but that’s 900/940

I have the TV and phone bundle and Bc I have STBS it cuts the download a bit.

Do your research first
I'm a verizon customer that's why I know and what I posted are some of the rated offerings verizon offers. Those speeds are offered as "up to" and not your actual speed but often, the lower tier are over provisioned, therefore you get higher speeds than what's stated.

The packet rate might be slower thus slowing down NDIS interrupts. One tell tale sign is a more accurate mouse feel.. i'm assuming this is for PC? tl:dr

There is a definite change when toggling the packet priorities when using Traditional QoS. The default is ACK, SYN, and ICMP. Checking all of them increases NDIS communication resolution thus changing a games feel. These changes, for me, are most noticeable when playing UT4

The packet rate might be slower thus slowing down NDIS interrupts. One tell tale sign is a more accurate mouse feel.. i'm assuming this is for PC? tl:dr

There is a definite change when toggling the packet priorities when using Traditional QoS. The default is ACK, SYN, and ICMP. Checking all of them increases NDIS communication resolution thus changing a games feel. These changes, for me, are most noticeable when playing UT4
PS5 but its pretty much like a PC.... Are you saying runner disabled can help speed up the packet rate or the opposite

PS5 but its pretty much like a PC.... Are you saying runner disabled can help speed up the packet rate or the opposite
It slows down the packet rate from the router to your PS5, thus a tiny fraction more processor time is allocated to the game while an alleviation of PS5 network processing is felt through the change.

EDIT: if you have the ability to change the CPU Quantum aka Win32 Priority on your PS5 you'll see/feel the same type of change. e.g. Setting the Quantum to Long, Variable, High Foreground Boost, or Long, Fixed, High Foreground Boost, etc.

I'm a verizon customer that's why I know and what I posted are some of the rated offerings verizon offers. Those speeds are offered as "up to" and not your actual speed but often, the lower tier are over provisioned, therefore you get higher speeds than what's stated.
Do you have the TV bundle or internet only

It slows down the packet rate from the router to your PS5, thus a tiny fraction more processor time is allocated to the game while an alleviation of PS5 network processing is felt through the change.

EDIT: if you have the ability to change the CPU Quantum aka Win32 Priority on your PS5 you'll see/feel the same type of change. e.g. Setting the Quantum to Long, Variable, High Foreground Boost, or Long, Fixed, High Foreground Boost, etc.
PS5 packet controls like that are not configurable... So youre saying the processsing rate of the ax86u is just way to fast for the ps5 which is causing the buffer and issues im seeing?

If I have fiber Verizon and my ps5. What settings do you recommend I change then?
-So far I’ve got the highest priority bandwidth tag in the bandwidth monitor section (it doesn’t affect QoS in anyway I believe)
- I disabled runner (however after a reboot it turns back on, anyone know the command to make it stay off?)
-Anything else? Should I use the gaming port? I was never a fan of it Bc Its port based QoS I believe

Merlin can you explain why disabling runner makes my game feel smoother?
No idea how runner works, but I can't see any reason why it would be so. You'll need to gather more concrete data than general feel, as it could simply be placebo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!