What's new

AX86u HW Runner

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea how runner works, but I can't see any reason why it would be so. You'll need to gather more concrete data than general feel, as it could simply be placebo.
Exactly how could I take down data?
Also, I did disable it via SSH but upon reboot, it does come back on, any way to make it stick? So I don’t have to keep turning it off?

Do you have the TV bundle or internet only
I have tv/phone + internet and if you're going to ask me if the tv slows the internet, the answer is no. I see your download speed is slow @550 Mbps probably because you turned off hardware acceleration.

I have tv/phone + internet and if you're going to ask me if the tv slows the internet, the answer is no. I see your download speed is slow @550 Mbps probably because you turned off hardware acceleration.

On dsl reports -_-

but speedtest.net is ok speeds 700/700

On dsl reports -_-

but speedtest.net is ok speeds 700/700
Your downoad should be at least close to 900 and upload over 900. Leave the router's hardware acceleration on and stop tinkering, your service is fast enough to be able to play online fine.

PS5 packet controls like that are not configurable... So youre saying the processsing rate of the ax86u is just way to fast for the ps5 which is causing the buffer and issues im seeing?

Game behavior on PC platforms vary due to hardware, game engine, OS tweaks, etc. I imagine with a PS5 you are stuck with a baseline behavior from the hardware and most behavior variations derive from the game engine and how it's implemented on a platform, in your case the PS5. The router is just a piece of the chain-link in a long line of variables that can effect the behavior of a game.

What have you done in order to reduce router buffer bloat? I'm currently using Traditional QoS and I'm finding it's the most consistent buffer bloat reducing implementation in a single-user home-networking case scenario. But at your speeds I don't think there's an option. Most buffer bloat options are for speeds of 300mbps and under UP/DOWN, AFAIK (correct me if I am wrong)

Game behavior on PC platforms vary due to hardware, game engine, OS tweaks, etc. I imagine with a PS5 you are stuck with a baseline behavior from the hardware and most behavior variations derive from the game engine and how it's implemented on a platform, in your case the PS5. The router is just a piece of the chain-link in a long line of variables that can effect the behavior of a game.

What have you done in order to reduce router buffer bloat? I'm currently using Traditional QoS and I'm finding it's the most consistent buffer bloat reducing implementation in a single-user home-networking case scenario. But at your speeds I don't think there's an option. Most buffer bloat options are for speeds of 300mbps and under UP/DOWN, AFAIK (correct me if I am wrong)

I don’t have buffer bloat. Everything just feels delayed ; the only thing I’ve have found so far to have great success is with qos. But my network doesn’t need qos (I think) 21 total devices 15 total wireless + 6 wired.

I deduced to think deeper ; qos disbaled both runner and flow cache.

I disbaled both and it felt good. But speeds where low. I tried both runner and fc exclusively and found fc was the best option.

and I can experimenting with bandwidth priority tags

Modern wireless chipsets (2.4G, 5G) have a separate cpu for packet processing, and I know that the runner uses this for wireless acceleration.

So, if you have a lot of clients on both wired and wireless, turning on the runner helps with more bandwidth processing.

When the wireless speed test is performed with the runner on, the main CPU is not used, and when the runner is turned off, the main CPU is used.

Perhaps that's why it locks the speed of the main cpu to full.

I'm not sure what effect it has on the game.

@Xrsenal You could try isolating your PS5 simply by removing all other devices. Some TV's do not completely power off and idle in standby mode er something and do a lot of call backs to home e.g. my newer Samsung continually stays active on the my home network unless I completely shut that bitch off.

@Xrsenal You could try isolating your PS5 simply by removing all other devices. Some TV's do not completely power off and idle in standby mode er something and do a lot of call backs to home e.g. my newer Samsung continually stays active on the my home network unless I completely shut that bitch off.
thanks for the helpful tips. Some ppl on these forums just spew nothing but hate. In terms of Merlin gaming settings, there is literally 1% of that optimal for Anthony. Thinking of starting a forums with the best gaming settings for QoS (which includes things like overclocking maybe the wired cpu?) (understanding the gaming port more (or y it freaking sucks))

understanding bandwidth priority tags cus apparently no one even knows what that is except me (it doesn’t deactivate runner or flowcache)

@Xrsenal If you know the answer to the question you are asking, then why ask it?
Sounds like starting a forum to share your knowledge and insight is a good idea.
Closing this thread. It has run its course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!