What's new

Solved AX86U - miniupnpd HTTP listening on port xxxxx - NOT Disabled? ru kidding me?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

thecheapseats

After this discussion: IF you think you have disabled UPnP on your router - it probably/may not be - isn't... see below...

I need a sanity check please... Thanks in advance for feedback...

On an ax86u with 386.7_2 - with WAN Basic Config Setting -> Enable UPnP set to NO...

Upon startup - syslog posts -> miniupnpd[xxx]: shutting down MiniUPnPd

a few milliseconds later - syslog posts -> miniupnpd[xxxx]: HTTP listening on port xxxxx

Has this always been the case? - have I missed this in the past? - is UPnP actually off - disabled - inert?...

addiional info -> ps w or ps T lists/confirms:
miniupnpd -f /etc/upnp/config

For those that will immediately ask - No, I have not tried to initiate/test with an actual UPnP client-device query - for years I have never used or enabled UPnP - and have always config'd it disabled...

Last edited:
Game>Game Device Prioritizing>OFF

Game>OpenNAT>Enable Port Forwarding - slide switch - not enabled...

so nope... hmmm... thx Colin - what am I missing?...

Enable GeForce NOW QoS UPnP control - is set to yes already (sys default?)...

Enable QoS is>OFF - (I never set it to on) - (sys default?)

I am inherently stupid that I haven't seen this before... I wonder how long this has been a sys default?...

imo, that's idiocy - when there is a global config to disable UPnP in WAN>BasicConfig - THAT DOES NOT DISABLE UPnP... wtf?...

Almost fifty years of pouring over unix syslogs and I missed this?... I'm old...

Last edited:
yes it killed the process - syslog reacts same>miniupnpd[xxxx]: shutting down MiniUPnPd ...

I am inherently stupid that I haven't seen this before... I wonder how long this has been a sys default?- imo, that's idiocy - when there is a global config to disable UPnP... wtf?...
I remember this being discussed when it was first implemented by Asus as people were getting confused. RMerlin had some comments at the time but there's not a lot he could do - it's just the way Asus have implemented their GeForce NOW support (which is separate from the other NAT options).

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!