What's new

AX86U Pro vs AX88U vs AXE7800

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

And if you live in a country with only one 5GHz 80MHz wide non-DFS limited power channel available and all the rest in non-guaranteed DFS the theoretical perfect idea becomes severely limited by practical use factors. What is fundamentally flowed is the assumption everyone on this forum lives in the USA, gets Amazon US prices and availability and needs to pay for all theoretical possibilities, just in case. This extra port is $100 more for @bludge, for example. Do they need it really?
Theoretically, your reply is sound. But at least in /my/ geographical situation (my) theory proves to be a consistent (thus far) good reality. I apologize for having such a "limited" experience.

Understood. I own properties in different geographical locations and what is possible in one place is not possible in another. Wi-Fi planning is very different.

General information about Wi-Fi channels availability in different regions:

The "new" 6GHz Wi-Fi band is even more restrictive per region. About 2/3 of the population of the Earth can't use it at the moment. Not approved, not available.

I own properties in different geographical locations and what is possible in one place is not possible in another. Wi-Fi planning is very different.
Understood. It's rather a shame that, evidently, Asus' websites don't provide info / specs / instruction which actually pertain to the given locale, thereby alleviating misunderstanding and false expectation.

They sell specs and want money. On the consumer market it's easy. So called "tri-band" routers with split 5GHz band are available in Europe, for example. What's available as Wi-Fi channels though is up to 200mW lower 36-48 range and all DFS mid range. Upper 149-157 range is not available. In some places they are unusable. You may get a (*) somewhere in specs at best and a fine print under. Didn't read it and/or don't know - your problem. This is how it works, unfortunately. It's a business.

Perspective.

$ per day incoming is /one/ (the "easy") metric, but actually informing and helping customers is another which helps ensure future $. Gotta be cheaper in the long term than the cost of advertising, but I guess nobody's looking further than their computer screen anymore.

Gotta be cheaper in the long term

It seems that for many corporations, the "long term" does not matter, just this quarter or next, for bonuses/payouts/stock option, etc.

Seen it happen many times where the end of the period is approaching so management forces overtime to be able to ship extra orders from /next/ period, then when next period starts there's no work readily available. So they paid half again as much for labor to make the product, then they lose more money paying for non-productive labor. But their bonuses are a few dollars more at the moment. Pure insanity.

I would say that 88uPro and AX6000 and 86U Pro are all so similar that any would be an excellent choice, and price/sales/design or desk space factor might be the most important factors.

Aren't these three all virtually hardware identical?

Then the difference between the GT and 88 Pro is the former has an additional USB port (and requires less shelf space, but its antennas are more garish - but it gots AURA LEDs!).

The big difference being the AX86U Pro only has one 2.5Gb Ethernet port as opposed to 1 wan and 1 lan on the other two.

Yep. That's part of the reason I went with GT-AX6000 at my home where I have a wired multgig network with a NAS to backup every device.
And EVA Edition too! :)

I can't believe that ASUS charges so much for the EVA edition. I keep thinking that those are going to be harder to sell than a regular GT-AX6000, and at some point, Amazon is going to drop the price to <$200.

I can't believe that ASUS charges so much for the EVA edition.

Around here it was cheaper than regular version at one point, in open box condition. Some units didn't pass the WAF test. 🤭

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!