What's new

AX86U thermals

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I have the latest firmware and get this:

Temperatures 2.4 GHz: 53°C - 5 GHz: 57°C - CPU: 88°C

<20 devices connected, nothing running on it, AC on in the room
All 3 values seem very high for RT-AX68U

Here
2.4 GHz: 44°C - 5 GHz: 45°C - CPU: 67°C
with 26C ambient

What is the ambient temperature in the room near the router? Is the router free standing on a desk with nothing blocking natural air flow?

All 3 values seem very high for RT-AX68U

Here
2.4 GHz: 44°C - 5 GHz: 45°C - CPU: 67°C
with 26C ambient

What is the ambient temperature in the room near the router? Is the router free standing on a desk with nothing blocking natural air flow?
The ambient temperature is about 22°C. There is nothing blocking airflow. Does the router laying on its side make a difference?

I should also mention that the load average is: 1.14, 1.12, 1.09, so it is doing something all the time. Created a new thread to diagnose here: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/ax86u-constantly-running-at-85-c.80073/
The load number is normal - load on these processors are shown differently and doesn't mean all cores are busy.
I suspect laying it on the side may block the intended airflow.
I suggest stand it upright with nothing right above or behind it for an hour and see what it looks like then

showed as below, that is around 60C
Code:
fanctrl_info = ; curr_cpuTemp = "60.608"; curr_rxData = fanctrl_info[3]; curr_coreTmp_2 = fanctrl_info[1]; curr_coreTmp_5 = fanctrl_info[2];

Although I am not running real hot, I am considering getting a fan such as the ones on Amazon for the AX86u. Has anyone used one and does it work?

Good point about the dust. When I seen the fan for a specific model AX86U made me wonder if they have a heat issue or is it just generic fan that fits a lot of models and they use model numbers to get hits.

such as the ones on Amazon for the AX86u

I don't see AX86U cooling fans on Amazon. I find some for AC68U and AC86U only.

AliExpress has this thing, if you really insist to spend some money:

1660869687769.png

I don't see AX86U cooling fans on Amazon. I find some for AC68U and AC86U only.

AliExpress has this thing, if you really insist to spend some money:

View attachment 43658

It appears to be about the same as the one I found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08PNY4GFM/?tag=snbforums-20

I have found many times Amazon fails to give you what you are looking for unless you get the search words just right. Even then, it also has shows some strange things that do not relate. Oops getting off subject here. I will wait on getting one (if ever) as the point about dust is a valid one. May consider one if the temps get higher as mine appears to be the same range as others. (46c - 50c - 73c)

I see nothing AX86U related there, sorry. Just some fans of different kinds.

Okay, I see it now on Anazon US. Similar to the one from AliExpress. I have zero hits on Amazon Canada. Still, not needed.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!