What's new

AX86U VLAN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

clvk07

Is it possible to configure AX86U 386.1 Beta5 with vlans using a netgear managed switch? (GS108Ev3)

Basically need to put Reolink Camera NVR on a dedicated VLAN. I tried to create two VLANS, put the reolink NVR on 1 vlan on port 1 on the switch,*UNTAGGED) put all other devices on switch on vlan 2 (UNtagged) and the port 3 connecting to the router on vlan1/vlan2 tagged. If I tag the port connecting to the router I lose connectivity to all the switch. Do I have to do any setup on the asus in addition to the switch setup?

Better to flash the just-released 386.1 instead to test if you can. :)

Is it possible to configure AX86U 386.1 Beta5 with vlans using a netgear managed switch? (GS108Ev3)

Basically need to put Reolink Camera NVR on a dedicated VLAN. I tried to create two VLANS, put the reolink NVR on 1 vlan on port 1 on the switch,*UNTAGGED) put all other devices on switch on vlan 2 (UNtagged) and the port 3 connecting to the router on vlan1/vlan2 tagged. If I tag the port connecting to the router I lose connectivity to all the switch. Do I have to do any setup on the asus in addition to the switch setup?
Yes, you need to configure the Asus to understand what to do with the VLAN tags. As to how, it's a bit more complicated on HND Asus than older models but possible, have a search for previous posts.

Yes, you need to configure the Asus to understand what to do with the VLAN tags. As to how, it's a bit more complicated on HND Asus than older models but possible, have a search for previous posts.

Yes had a look seems quite complex maybe better off using a secondary router, a bit too much, but can't see another option. With small kids don't have much time at my disposal :) . Would be easier if the VLAN functionality of the BRT series is incorporated in the RT series, maybe with the next 86U..... :) :)

Just flashed the new 386.1 all good so far :) :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!