What's new

AX88u 2.4GHz not available and 2.4GHz led not lighting only 5GHz

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

eltell69

Regular Contributor
Hi, It happens that the 2.4GHz led doesn't light and the 2.4GHz wifi is'nt available and after rebooting sometimes it does, it's been doing this for quite a while now. I've recently put the 386.3 f/w on and the led was alight for a while now maybe a week or so now after a reboot it's gone and only 5GHz is availaable I've tried various settings in the wireless section to no avail any suggestions please other than reverting to an earlier f/w. Is it possible to have anything to do with the authentication method for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz is wpa2/wpa3-personal. Oh just let you know that smart connect is off. Cheers

Try factory reset. If the 2.4 GHz isn't available after factory reset you have a defective router.

Ok tried resetting using the reset button no difference, tried the full reset using the wps button but the reset method I read about is: turn router off and hold wps button in then turn router back on and when the power led flashes leave go the wps botton. Well when either turning the power off using the on/off button or removing the power lead what happens is when the power is put back on using either method the power led turns on for a short while then goes off and doesn't come on again so I turned the power off then on again, tried various times but to no avail as the 2.4 band still wasn't lighting. So what I did was turn the power off using the on/off button then held the wps button in then turned the power back on, the power led lite then went off without flasing and didn't come on again so I turned the power off then on again just after the led went off and when the router started the led's all lite up and 2.4 and 5 GHz are working again, sorry about the long winded text but is the ax88u different for hard resets than others.

hi sbsnb thanks for the quick reply, what I did using the f/w settings I ticked the format jffs partition and used the factory reset plus ticked the box next to it for deleting various setting then the 2.4 and 5GHz led's lit, I went through this procedure 3 times with about 8 mins inbetween each reset, after each reset I set up the isp and wifi details. Well it seems to be working ok now and after reboots it's still functioning. After reading the link you provided the ax88u falls into the 2nd method which is what I did hence no flashing of power led so without realizing it I was doing the correct method, more luck than judgement. Thanks for all your help much appreciated.

hi sbsnb I don't know whether I have to start a new post or not but can you give me any pointers on another issue. I have a ax88u main router in one corner of my house where all the feeds enter and a ac86u in AP mode set up in the opposite area further away about 14m with an ethernet back haul connected. Upstairs I want to put an ac88u just for wifi extension it would be in a similar position to the main router but on the floor above. Well I can see the ac86u router and the ac88u and the latter when it's within i or 2m when I want to AIMesh them from the main router but unable to connect would you have any advice or mabe for the individual routers mode more suited than AIMesh configuration. Thank you.

I would start a new post to get more attention on your question. I don't know enough about AiMesh to know if you can daisy-chain APs like that.