What's new

AX88U behind ISP router- Internet drops/VPN/ISP DHCP does not function

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Then that probably explains why the laptop's speeds are that slow.

5 has more speed than 2.4 yeah that makes sense to me.
Does keeping the ASUS on the ISP routers DMZ make any difference? Doing that puts my ISP IP on the ASUS.

What are the pros/cons? There is port forwarding mentioned which I do not know how it works.

If you want to connect to your home network from the internet you need to forward the connections from the Virgin router to the Asus. You can do that either by putting the Asus in the Virgin's DMZ or by forwarding ports individually.

If you don't need to connect to your home network from the internet then you don't need the DMZ or port forwarding.

If you don't need to connect to your home network from the internet then you don't need the DMZ or port forwarding.
I'd go further and say that you should avoid using DMZ to expose a second router unless you really know what you are doing :) It could open a whole world of hurt.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!