What's new

AX88U FULL RANGE BUT NO CONNECTION

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Joshuajackson

Hello I have a weird issue. Whenever I’m further away my router AX88U, but still have full connection bars, the internet becomes unavailable. With my ISPs router I do not have the issue, I can get 1 bar with their router and still have internet access. But whenever I use my router I still got full connection bars but no internet connection. I’ve done resets and not the first time I had this problem, previous ASUS routers I had the same such as the AX55U and AC68U (it’s not the building)

Hello I have a weird issue. Whenever I’m further away my router AX88U, but still have full connection bars, the internet becomes unavailable. With my ISPs router I do not have the issue, I can get 1 bar with their router and still have internet access. But whenever I use my router I still got full connection bars but no internet connection. I’ve done resets and not the first time I had this problem, previous ASUS routers I had the same such as the AX55U and AC68U (it’s not the building)

This is not a normal problem, so think outside the box.

Full bars at distance and no Internet suggests a false indication and no connection... I'd review your network... put a guest WLAN with a new SSID on your router and try connecting to that and test.

OE

I'd also look at whether any nearby wifi networks are sharing channels with yours, and then manually select a channel away from them.

I'd also look at whether any nearby wifi networks are sharing channels with yours, and then manually select a channel away from them.
I checked channels and capacity is 88% highest available, and it happens to guest network and reg network. I think I’ve tried different network names but same result but i shall give it a go

Have you tried Restarting/rebooting (not the same as shutting down and powering up) the device(s) you're testing with?

Have you tried Restarting/rebooting (not the same as shutting down and powering up) the device(s) you're testing with?
Yup, it’s on every device. But when I use my friends network(he just uses stock from isp) it works perfectly fine long range even with one bar

Are you using all 8 LAN Ports on the router?

If you are having issues with Merlin firmware I would recommend flashing Asus firmware, reset with initialize and manually configure.

Which one?

Verify its ports 1-4 and not 5-8.

your isp modem /router is in bridge mode ? if not there is your problem you need to put isp modem in bridge mode and plug cable from the lan port om modem to the wan port on the Asus router

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!