What's new

[AX88u] IPTV and Internet over single cable?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

quovadisbg

New Around Here
Hello guys,
I am struggling more than a day with this task (which seems to be quite easy) and 24hrs are a lot of time for not being able to solve an issue. So here it goes...
I am using an ISP which delivers fibre optic cable to my home, which terminates at their device (can't remove it unfortunately) which is a media convertor to RJ45.
Ports 1 and 2 are dedicated for Internet (VLAN 558, confirmed from their end) and ports 3 and 4 are dedicated for IPTV (VLAN 658).
My current setup is:
  1. ISP router connecting to WAN on my router - Asus AX88U (running stock firmware, not Merlin for now if needed can be flashed);
  2. Port 2 on my router goes through the floor (1.5m) and terminates at a managed switch - ZyXel GS1200-8 which is the distribution point to my NAS, NVIDIA Shield, AV Receiver, PS4 Pro, STB;
All devices have internet connectivity (1Gbps, rock solid).
3) Port 4 on my ISP router connects to Port 4 on my router;
4) Port 3 on my switch connects to the STB.
Can you advise - how to configure my router and switch so I can run properly network traffic against STB box? Current scenario, illustrated is shown below on the visio diagram + current config on my router and switch. At the moment on port 3 on switch I can see TX traffic but no RX is coming to it.

Also tried with Dual WAN configuration - still no luck.
1612360350219.png

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, I went through all possible articles across internet but nothing actually works.
Actual values and settings in pictures - here -
Thanks!

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!