What's new

AX88U - Parental Time Schedule Blocking not working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tekrich

Regular Contributor
Running the latest Merlin firmware on the Asus AX88U.

Parental time schedule blocking worked fine on my old AC68U and expected it to work fine on the AX88U.

It seems that the router is putting a permanent block on devices even though I have set a scheduled block on them. Tested on my mobile phone and even though the schedule was to allow between 0700-2300, my phone was blocked, and it was just gone 1900hrs,

The time is correct on the router. I just cannot think what else could cause the schedule to stop working.

Any help and suggestions appreciated.

Was a full reset followed by a minimal and manual (M&M Config) performed after flashing the RMerlin firmware on the new router? Without importing any saved config files?

Was a full reset followed by a minimal and manual (M&M Config) performed after flashing the RMerlin firmware on the new router? Without importing any saved config files?
Brand new router. Stock firmware set up for the network. Next day, factory reset then loaded RMerlin firmware. Then set up for network.

It does not matter if it is a new router or not. :)

The full reset to factory defaults (see further details of the M&M Config in the link in my signature below) is needed after flashing the firmware you want to use, not before. :)

Was the 'set up for network' manually performed? Or, was a saved config file used?

I manually set it up after installing RMerlin firmware.

So, install RMerlin firmware again, if thats possible, then factory reset, then set up for network?

Yes, I would reset to factory defaults and make sure you also check the box to 'Initialize all settings...' too.

Do a quick/temporary set up and then immediately flash the RMerlin firmware you are now using again.

After it reboots, do another full reset and 'Initialize...' routine and then set up the router, proper.

Note all the other suggestions to get your router and devices to a good/known state.

Finally, do not blindly put in any previous settings that may have worked in your old router, into the new one. Use the defaults as a starting guide and only change what is necessary to have the network perform as you expect and as well as it can.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!