What's new

Basic info on tor on ASUS 11000pro

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Roygibson

New Around Here
I’m a newbie here a lot of questions when you download the firmware, it does not come with instructions and what things are for some of the stuff it took me a month to figure out what it was for but I’ve seen this post in other forms that are on here but none of them was answered I have the ASUS Merlin rt ax 11000 pro my questions are what is tor for under VPN if there’s no directions on how to use it what’s the point of it being there I tried it out and all it did was lock up tor up on my pc specify what Mac it was going to also all the opkg list packages are there any directions on those and what therefore? I noticed this was all scattered out, and when you look under the new firmware. And you got a Wikipedia they don’t have much tutorials. I can explain those two questions for me about the tor and the opkg packages in the directions for them

For starters you may want to consider using some sort of punctuation, like periods rather than writing very long run-on sentences. Its not exactly clear what you posted is trying to convey.

For using TOR there is the following, if you haven't seen it already, that may help get you started.

Welcome to the forums @Roygibson.

Please take into consideration what @bennor, suggests.

What model router are you using, specifically? What firmware are you running? What steps did you perform after flashing the firmware you want to use?

What are you expecting your new router to do for you? In one simple sentence/paragraph?

RMerlin's firmware isn't made to be newbie-proof. It is a powerful platform for specific Asus routers for people who want to learn and customize their networks as much as possible (given the hardware and limited non-closed source files).

So, start with your most important questions first and there are many here to offer their best help.

For starters you may want to consider using some sort of punctuation, like periods rather than writing very long run-on sentences. Its not exactly clear what you posted is trying to convey.

For using TOR there is the following, if you haven't seen it already, that may help get you started.
I want to say Thank you cause I had no clue what it was for and I’m talking through the phone so it doesn’t add periods and stuff like that Another question where can I find the tutorials for The opkg packages. What you sent me was good there’s so much things in these forms that to me, it’s like cluttered Specially, looking for simple info. Thanks again and yes I can spell right it’s just it’s the iPhone

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums @Roygibson.

Please take into consideration what @bennor, suggests.

What model router are you using, specifically? What firmware are you running? What steps did you perform after flashing the firmware you want to use?

What are you expecting your new router to do for you? In one simple sentence/paragraph?

RMerlin's firmware isn't made to be newbie-proof. It is a powerful platform for specific Asus routers for people who want to learn and customize their networks as much as possible (given the hardware and limited non-closed source files).

So, start with your most important questions first and there are many here to offer their best help.
My model is ASUS rog gt- ax 11000 pro
And I have the newest Merlin firmware out I thought about Beta, but I like the stable

Another question where can I find the tutorials for The opkg packages.
What specific opkg package(s) are you looking to install. If you haven't done so already, use the site search feature to search for "opkg". There are a number of past posts mentioning opkg. There are various add-on programs/scripts that can be added using AMTM that is included with the Asus-Merlin firmware (access it through SSH by typing: amtm).

What specific opkg package(s) are you looking to install. If you haven't done so already, use the site search feature to search for "opkg". There are a number of past posts mentioning opkg. There are various add-on programs/scripts that can be added using AMTM that is included with the Asus-Merlin firmware (access it through SSH by typing: amtm).
The stuff I got was wireshark the other tor stuff and that’s about it it’s just a long a$$ list to go through I’ve only installed a couple things cause I’m not trying to break the router what I want or what my goal is with this router I play a lot of gaming. Yes, I have a VPN proton but I need security to back that proton up. I’m in other little forms for gaming but a lot of people tell me there’s nothing I can do about. Ddos which happens a lot for Pacific game I play Tor thing is for me to get uncensored news and learning anyways that’s for all your guises help Trust me, I appreciate it. Have a lit day

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!