What's new

Before I kick my Asus ZenWifi AC routers to the curb for a Synology...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

KCASANJO594

New Around Here
When my WAN connection becomes unstable or goes out, the ZenWifi becomes useless as a network switch. It's baffling to me. Connection goes down, and not only do I lose my cameras, and access to my NAS from inside the network, but it's almost a 100% guarantee that it will crash and loop while the connection is down.

I can ping the router, but never log in to assess the conditions of it or the LAN/WAN.

Does anyone know of a funky setting that might cause this kind of behavior?

When my WAN connection becomes unstable or goes out, the ZenWifi becomes useless as a network switch. It's baffling to me. Connection goes down, and not only do I lose my cameras, and access to my NAS from inside the network, but it's almost a 100% guarantee that it will crash and loop while the connection is down.

I can ping the router, but never log in to assess the conditions of it or the LAN/WAN.

Does anyone know of a funky setting that might cause this kind of behavior?

Unplugging the WAN cable should not crash the network. I doubt there is a funky setting doing this.

I would recommission the network and don't add anything to it until the basics are working... like being able to unplug the WAN cable without crashing the network. Keep an eye out for defective hardware.

Be sure to start with current firmware installed, then reset to its default settings before configuring from scratch.

Reset FAQ
Reset button/webUI Restore/node removal - clears settings in NVRAM; reboot restores fw defaults from CFE (fw defaults)
Hard Reset via WPS button/webUI Restore+Initialize - also clears data logged in /jffs partition (fw defaults+clear data)

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!