What's new

Best and most optimal settings (Voxel & Kamoj)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yep, I see this post ;)
Rules look fine to me, and if it works, then you know it is fine :)
You probably could simplify them by detecting the port (53 for DNS).
Something like
Code:
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i br0 -p tcp --dport 53 -s ! 192.168.1.2 -d ! 192.168.1.2 -j DNAT --to-destination 192.168.1.2
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i br0 -p udp --dport 53 -s ! 192.168.1.2 -d ! 192.168.1.2 -j DNAT --to-destination 192.168.1.2
This would redirect all DNS traffic from LAN to your PiHole, whatever the dns server.
Where would I place these rules? The /overlay/opt/scripts/firewall-start.sh doesn't let me write to it with Vi.

Absolutely, when I vi firewall-start.sh and try to :wq, it gives me a "Write error: Permission denied",
normally, you wouldn't touch stuff in the /overlay partition directly.
You would just make your modifications in /opt/scripts/firewall-start.sh and let the overlay-fs driver create the file.

Which device are you using?
Is the overlay-fs enabled?

On RBR it isn't by default. And if you then try to create a new file in /overlay/opt/scripts/firewall-start.sh, then that folder would probably not even exist and be read-only.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!