What's new

"best" consumer router, Asus AC68U sucks, or is it just me? (crappy signal distances

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I've actually had pretty good results lately after taking the advice of this thread, and moving it to a slightly different location

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Kept with the Asus for right now. But if I do change, I'll likely go with ddrt since I'm somewhat familiar with it already and it has received positive reviews

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I got this rt ac680 called ac1900 here and yesterday had to spend a whole afternoon with no internet on my laptop because the damned router although showing internet connection and working on my other devices didn't work on laptop and for some reason was putting a 2 in the name of the network. I ended up having to rely on my old dlink to have internet.

I bought a fancy router so that I could save time and have a good connection, this was literally a huge shirtty experience and I won't ever in my life ever purchase any asus routers anymore, good way to destroy brand name by having a "flagship" product be garbage.

After googling a bit seems like this router should never have gotten released in the market, what a piece of junk. Time to get myself a new dlink instead

Ooo and no matter how many tries and different ways I could not even see the router gui because the damned thing is somehow blocked, what a huge disappointment

Are you using windows 10?
If so MS has created a lot of networking problems with the latest big update.
Try googling that, you maybe putting the blame on the wrong unity.
I'm so pleased with Asus routers that I updated from my T-Mobile converted AC1900 to a AC-1900P from best buy with faster processor:)

RT-AC68U works fine. Its been no more difficult to set up than any of my previous non-ASUS brand routers. If its not working for you, then you must have bought a defective one.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!