What's new

Best performing firmware for AX86U?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Blackfyre

Occasional Visitor
1. What is the general consensus when it comes to firmware? Always update to the latest?

2. Or is there an optimal firmware right now that people are using to get the best WiFi performance?

3. Are there any WiFi settings that can be changed to push for maximum performance over further distances?

4. If there is a comment in a thread that outlines the settings to change to achieve maximum performance for WiFi I would appreciate if someone directs me to it too. Thank you.

There are many be reasons to use the most recent firmware. Security is the first!
Performance is secondary but usually does not change with new firmware. As for settings, use what you want as everyone has their preferable settings.

3. Are there any WiFi settings that can be changed to push for maximum performance over further distances?
I use pretty much stock settings and I get 2.4 GHz signal up to 200 feet from my router in a suburban environment with dozens of competing APs. The 5 GHz signal doesn't go nearly as far, but that's an issue of physics not the router.

I prefer to be on the latest merlinwrt for security, bugs, performance and stability improvements. I've so far never had any issues with any of his updates breaking anything.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!