What's new

Best Stock Firmware Version

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hyelton

Whats the best Stock firmware version where everything works and is stable?

As the last 2 firmwares I do know the Bandwidth Monitor is broken, not sure how far back that goes.

Currently Running Tomato Shibby Latest but every couple of days it drops WAN and I have to reboot to get things back working.

Besides Wireless how well Does DD-WRT run? I really like DD-WRT I know its finicky with Wireless But Take that if its stable enough any recommended builds on that?

Whats the best Stock firmware version where everything works and is stable?

As the last 2 firmwares I do know the Bandwidth Monitor is broken, not sure how far back that goes.

Currently Running Tomato Shibby Latest but every couple of days it drops WAN and I have to reboot to get things back working.

Besides Wireless how well Does DD-WRT run? I really like DD-WRT I know its finicky with Wireless But Take that if its stable enough any recommended builds on that?

Might help if we knew which router model you are referring to, as there's a dozen of them for Asus alone.

PPPoE connection?

From my experience, I've had various issues with different devices losing connection on the newer firmwares. SDK6 broke somethings, while switching to the latest SDK5 version fixed some, but broke others. I finally settled on an even older .270 build (merlin's .270.26b to be exact) and it has been solid for weeks.

The story is, for me, the older firmwares were more reliable. I'm using it only as a WAP, so I don't care about some of the newer features.