What's new

[Beta 3] Vnstat on Merlin - UI, CLI and email - data use monitoring - now with data limit monitoring

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Added, love it, can never have enough scripts.

I compare the daily values of Traffic Analyzer vs Vnstat and found that vnstat give higher rx and tx values
Below values for Mar 20
Traffic Analyzer 89.32 GB (Reception) 81.94 GB(Tranmission) 171.25 GB(Total)
vnstat 94.28 GB(RX) 98.43(TX) GB 192.70 GB(Total)
Cut-Through-Fowarding is enabled on my AC88U (merlin 386.1_2) and vnstat at version 0.9.5.
Do i take that vnstat traffic stats are more accurate compared to traffic analyzer?

Cut-Through-Fowarding is enabled on my AC88U (merlin 386.1_2) and vnstat at version 0.9.5.
Do i take that vnstat traffic stats are more accurate compared to traffic analyzer?
Not necessarily. Anything that bypasses features of the TCP/IP stack end can end up with false totals. You should check usage against a known meter (such as the one some ISPs provide for customers).

Not necessarily. Anything that bypasses features of the TCP/IP stack end can end up with false totals. You should check usage against a known meter (such as the one some ISPs provide for customers).
I see, okay.
So for accurate measurement, CTF should be turned off as well.

All, this thread is now superseded by the Release thread, found here: vnStat-on-Merlin (data monitoring): https://www.snbforums.com/goto/post?id=677569

Please use that thread for any continuing discussion and many, many thanks for your feedback to Jack and me.

I'll ask the mods to lock this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!