What's new

[BETA] RT-AC87U 3.0.0.4_378_8715

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

There's an option under "Professional" settings that reduces the USB3.0 to avoid causing interference with 2.4ghz radio.
Disable it if you don't care about 2.4ghz being affected when usb3.0 is working

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

That option is disabled by default, I think that slow USB 3.0 speeds are caused by a bug in the firmware. Because I tried whatever possible to increase usb 3.0 speeds, nothing helps. Waiting for the newer beta...

...well...i wonder...how much "tuning" should I take until next beta release with no batt drain Android and 5 Ghz stable..ohhh.. or should I change my phone to apple... ;) ... this indeed could be a fair and good reason to buy an iphone... LOL

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

...I' m ready to do beta testing with regular reports for Asus FOC just to have an working beta release with those 2 things fixed: no batt drain and stable 5 Ghz.. don't care about GUI or ipv6/iptv bugs... 99% of users i think that are waiting for that.. and are "tuned"

...I' m ready to do beta testing with regular reports for Asus FOC just to have an working beta release with those 2 things fixed: no batt drain and stable 5 Ghz.. don't care about GUI or ipv6/iptv bugs... 99% of users i think that are waiting for that.. and are "tuned"

ASUS is currently working with the batt drain issue, even ASUS@SG has recruited a bunch of people to test builds in order to get it fixed for early october firm release.
I'm not even posting any new firm because of that.
This is the only company I've seen that keeps releasing firmwares... others after a couple of months abandon their products.

Indeed, you're right... Asus did care about customers much longer than others...but still...you know what i mean...

Indeed, you're right... Asus did care about customers much longer than others...but still...you know what i mean...

For sure, I know what you mean. I don't like either checking my phone and after 4hs losing 50% of my battery.
Are you still suffering drops on 5ghz? on what devices and which os version? because after the new sdk was released I stopped having disconnections.

For sure, I know what you mean. I don't like either checking my phone and after 4hs losing 50% of my battery.
Are you still suffering drops on 5ghz? on what devices and which os version? because after the new sdk was released I stopped having disconnections.
Well, no, 5Ghz works well, making me jump around...and that's why i was so disappointed to see that this comes with a cost...batt drain...a lot!...on my galaxy S5 with lollipop 5.0

If you setup the DST setting, it's normal.
I never saw that in log before. So in this fw have changes in time settings ?

ok next interesting things in logs....
Code:
Sep 21 09:42:09 alert mail: AiProtection send mail
Sep 21 09:43:39 alert mail: AiProtection send mail

Where my router send email ? I never enabled this function ????

It actually depends on the model. Some models have it enabled by default.
RMerlin, I thought we were discussing "[BETA] RT-AC87U 3.0.0.4_378_8715 - Unofficial Beta" here, and as far as I know on this model it is disabled by default. But thanks anyways! :)

RMerlin, I thought we were discussing "[BETA] RT-AC87U 3.0.0.4_378_8715 - Unofficial Beta" here, and as far as I know on this model it is disabled by default. But thanks anyways! :)

Just clarifying, for people ending up on this post following a forum-wide search.

Back on this thread's topic, folks.
RMerlin, any idea about very slow USB 3.0 speeds on this beta? I'm getting about 10 MB/s read and write speeds :(

RMerlin, any idea about very slow USB 3.0 speeds on this beta? I'm getting about 10 MB/s read and write speeds :(

No idea, I haven't run any of the recent betas, and the latest source code I've looked at was 8596, so I can't comment on any potential changes Asus might have made since.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!