What's new

connmon [BETA2] connmon v3.0.0

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pending any showstopper bugs that get reported, I'm aiming for a Friday night / Saturday morning (UK time) release of v3.0.0

I'll then be taking a short break from scripting for a bit before I start the task of updating spdMerlin with notification support and the new look WebUI. SpdMerlin is significantly more complex since it not only supports WAN, but VPN clients too and I'd like to offer different test and threshold alerts per interface. I estimate it will likely take me a month to get a beta out.

Pending any showstopper bugs that get reported, I'm aiming for a Friday night / Saturday morning (UK time) release of v3.0.0

I'll then be taking a short break from scripting for a bit before I start the task of updating spdMerlin with notification support and the new look WebUI. SpdMerlin is significantly more complex since it not only supports WAN, but VPN clients too and I'd like to offer different test and threshold alerts per interface. I estimate it will likely take me a month to get a beta out.

Please add an option to display WAN uptime in the new version of connmon. I think this is non-missing option for monitoring internet connection!

Please add an option to display WAN uptime in the new version of connmon. I think this is non-missing option for monitoring internet connection!
You mean something like John’s fork? His implementation of WAN uptime is very nice.

For those interested in VPN uptime, can refer to @Martineau guide below. It works for both openvpn and wireguard vpn.

You mean something like John’s fork? His implementation of WAN uptime is very nice.

For those interested in VPN uptime, can refer to @Martineau guide below. It works for both openvpn and wireguard vpn.
, I need something like John’s fork.

Right, I need something like John’s fork.

does anyone else feel strongly enough for me to push this into v3? if it's just displaying the uptime that's not too much work. its if you want notifications when wan is up and down that means more dev time

does anyone else feel strongly enough for me to push this into v3? if it's just displaying the uptime that's not too much work. its if you want notifications when wan is up and down that means more dev time

Thought you were taking a break? :)
You certainly deserve one!
John's Fork implementation with WAN up/down is certainly very nice and useful, wasn't aware of it.
3.1 perhaps if you were so inclined?

3.1.0 is what im thinking, but wanted to judge the room before I decided that.

3.1.0 it is then … enjoy your break!
Just thinking aloud … but WAN uptimes could potentially sit just as well in scMerlin perhaps? And if you were thinking about doing VPN uptimes then VPNMgr perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.