What's new

Beware of MWave, Eworldsale for Synology Products

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sammyman

Occasional Visitor
I wanted to spend a second to inform the community about a recent purchase I made. I was looking around for a DS710+ when I found that eworldsale.com was selling one that was advertised as refurbished. It was selling at a discount, so I decided to purchase it. When I received the package, I opened it up and found another customer's invoice from mwave.com with all of their personal information. It appears the unit was originally sold through mwave, returned and then resold through eworldsale. In this process it is clear that both of these companies do no respect the privacy of their customers.

Furthermore, I have been in contact with Synology and they have claimed no responsibility or warranty for the product, even though it was originally sold through one of their listed and trusted resellers, mwave.com.

I think you should take this into consideration when purchasing a product from Mwave, eworldsale, or any product of Synology that is listed as "refurbished" from any website.

Now you can call the original owner and ask them why they returned it? Maybe you'll learn something from them. :D

While I agree that they made an error by not removing the previous customer paperwork from the box, I wouldn't consider this so egregious to say you shouldn't ever do business with them again.

Now be a mensch and shred the previous owners paperwork.

BTW, when and if I ever return anything I NEVER include my original receipt. If its necessary to include info in the box, I write a note with my order #, etc but not including my personal info. Shipping/Return warehouses are generally very busy and things can slip through the crack especially when returns need to be inspected, processed, etc.

I think that I will never purchase a product from mwave or eworldsale. Regarding Synology, I am upset that they would not even offer a warranty on a product that has only been out a couple of months. Completely not accepting any responsibility is their problem. I think that shows they are a small company that still has some things to learn.

What would be easier for Synology? Offering a warranty to a new customer? Or losing a customer forever due to bad customer service?

At this point, I regret making my choice and purchasing Synology.

I think that I will never purchase a product from mwave or eworldsale. Regarding Synology, I am upset that they would not even offer a warranty on a product that has only been out a couple of months. Completely not accepting any responsibility is their problem. I think that shows they are a small company that still has some things to learn.

What would be easier for Synology? Offering a warranty to a new customer? Or losing a customer forever due to bad customer service?

At this point, I regret making my choice and purchasing Synology.

Why didn't you check into the warranty before you purchased? Return it if you can and buy a new/boxed unit.

Was it really refurbished or was it simply returned and resold by eworldsale? Is it marked refurbished or is there evidence of it being refurbished?

Did the original purchaser register it with Synology before they returned it?

http://www.synology.com/support/register.php?lang=us

If you are successful in registering it, then you may be OK as long as its not evident that the product was reworked (if it was).

This product was sold as a refurbished unit that carried manufacturers warranty. This was obviously not the case. That is a good idea on registering the product. However, I don't know that will work since I contacted Synology and they stated that the product is not covered by any warranty.

This product was sold as a refurbished unit that carried manufacturers warranty. This was obviously not the case. That is a good idea on registering the product. However, I don't know that will work since I contacted Synology and they stated that the product is not covered by any warranty.

Return it. If the seller won't accept a return, call your credit card and tell them the seller misrepresented the product. If you used AMEX you shouldn't have too much trouble getting them to back you if you can prove the seller misrepresented.

I think you learned an unfortunate lesson. Its tough to blame Synology for misinformation made by a vendor.

I think I would be more concern about identity or credit card theft than the warranty on the ds710+; considering the spelling on their website.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!