What's new

Bridge Mode

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Csection

I am using a X4s in "Bridge AP" mode with Voxel's firmware and I was wondering if this is susceptible to that WPA-2 vulnerability?

Thanks for the reply!
I read that document and it states that if one is using firmware1.0.2.36 or earlier. It is vulnerable.
So if one updates to 1.0.2.37 or above. It is not vulnerable.
Is that correct?
1.0.2.37 is Voxels own, so that wont count as they are talking about netgear official firmware versions, Voxels 1.0.2.37 incorporated fixes from Netgears 1.0.2.36 I believe. So as of now you are at risk in bridge mode. Once a new Netgear firmware is released with a fix Voxel will wrap that into his branch I imagine pretty quickly, but as of now there is no fix released.

Last edited:
1.0.2.37 is Voxels own, so that wont count as they are talking about netgear official firmware versions, Voxels 1.0.2.37 incorporated fixes from Netgears 1.0.2.36 I believe. So as of now you are at risk in bridge mode. Once a new Netgear firmware is released with a fix Voxel will wrap that into his branch I imagine pretty quickly, but as of now there is no fix released.
Ok!
Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!