What's new

Budget Gaming Router with Motorala SB141

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

xs7v3n

New Around Here
Hello to everyone from SNB community. As you can see, I am new here and this is my first post. I need a router with a network setup of a 30MBps/5MBps (from MidCo ISP) with a Motorala SB141. I have been looking around SNB's website for a router that'll be best for the price for its performance. I am going to be using an Ethernet cord to connect my desktop to the router and Wifi for all portable devices. Since my desktop is my main rig, I wanted to get a router that puts out more bandwidth for my desktop. A router that'll perform the speed that I should be getting from my ISP. I'm looking for a router under 100 dollars. Routers that I find interesting:

ASUS NT-N56U, Western Digital My Net N900, Cisco E1200, D-link N300 Extreme-N, ASUS RT-N16.

It seems Dual-band has been a thing for router too, how important is this for gaming?

Hello to everyone from SNB community. As you can see, I am new here and this is my first post. I need a router with a network setup of a 30MBps/5MBps (from MidCo ISP) with a Motorala SB141. I have been looking around SNB's website for a router that'll be best for the price for its performance. I am going to be using an Ethernet cord to connect my desktop to the router and Wifi for all portable devices. Since my desktop is my main rig, I wanted to get a router that puts out more bandwidth for my desktop. A router that'll perform the speed that I should be getting from my ISP. I'm looking for a router under 100 dollars. Routers that I find interesting:

ASUS NT-N56U, Western Digital My Net N900, Cisco E1200, D-link N300 Extreme-N, ASUS RT-N16.

It seems Dual-band has been a thing for router too, how important is this for gaming?

Try taking a look at refurbs if you're on a budget.
The best deal right now, in my opinion, is the refurb linksys EA4500 for $79.00 directly from their website. The EA4500 doesn't support third party firmware if that's important to you.